Swift - New Pay Scale complete details

Discussion in 'Swift' started by richsoucie, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Someone else said the app could not be used without GPS tracking being turned on.

Sorry, but too many different reports to make me want to use it.

And 'can't self launch?
    How closely do you track every single process?
    It can be active 24/7 with not much of a footprint, just like anything else.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. unloader

unloader Road Train Member

Jan 7, 2013
    If you have an android phone it is really easy to disable your GPS and then turn it back on. Simply swipe down from the status bar and hit the GPS button. It should grey out when off. Then once your done doing whatever it is you needed without GPS, swipe down again, hit GPS button to turn it back on.

unloader

4. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    I know that ... but, I have apps that's I'm constantly accessing that need the location and I'm not going to be turning it on and off ... I don't need the Swift app, it doesn't do anything that impacts my business one way or the other.

That and I've never had to rescan anything that went through Transflo ... Swift, through the kiosk,on the other hand.

HousTank Thanks this.
  5. Buckeye91

Buckeye91 Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2011
    Midwest, USA
    On Apple. You can disable Gps for certain apps at a time, instead of disabling it for everything at once. So I went in and disabled it for ingauge and when i opened it up, I got an error message stating I needed to enable gps to use the app. It also wouldn't let me access any part of the app at all.

I'm not to concerned with them tracking me. All I gotta do is swipe up to completely close the app and it's not using gps. Or anything at all for that matter. And for those who say it tracks in the background. I believe they have tin foil hats on sale for you at Walmart. Maybe on android? I don't know. But I know on Apple they have very strict rules to abide to for apps. And why bother. They have a Qualcomm to track us by. Close the app when you're done. No "tracking"

6. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    Thought about getting a second smart device strictly for business like scanning, fuel price checking etc?

Another idea is to place the device on Airplane Mode just before you drive.

7. Eckoh

Eckoh Medium Load Member

Aug 26, 2014
    it is easy to check the running apps and the app can be used with the gps off i do it often

8. Buckeye91

Buckeye91 Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2011
    Midwest, USA
    on android or apple?

9. Eckoh

Eckoh Medium Load Member

Aug 26, 2014
    Android... only sheeple use iphones

10. Big Ballz

Big Ballz Bobtail Member

May 24, 2015
  11. Luse

Luse Medium Load Member

Nov 8, 2010
    Middle of nowhere Montana
    Meh I talked to my friend he is a computer science professor at USM in Hattiesburg. the amount of hard drive space just to save all that GPS data from the phones his quote not mine would be ridiculously expensive. but if you have an Android phone you can just disable the app and use it when you're not near a place where you can transflo. and just disable it again.

Moosetek13 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.