Swift O/O Load Board

Discussion in 'Swift' started by MysticHZ, Feb 9, 2013.

1. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    It's a broker option. As stated, by invitation only. You can contact Rapid Response and let them know your interest.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. FLCRACKER

FLCRACKER Medium Load Member

Oct 11, 2013
    Lorida, FL

4. A21CAV

A21CAV Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Laredo, TX
    My bs-o-meter jumped into the red so fast the needle made a tiny sonic boom.

So Rowdy, do you do this hauling Command Transportation freight or Swift Transportation freight?

DarkhorseEnterprises and MysticHZ Thank this.
  5. ladiesman304

ladiesman304 Light Load Member

Mar 19, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    Lol i was thinking the same thing. I turn down loads all day if it doesn't benefit me

6. blsqueak

blsqueak Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    Ohhh the amount of loads that I turned down when I was there. Dead head to a customer 75 miles away just to move a trailer on the yard and then dead head back to the terminal. Dead head 400 miles after sitting 3 days because freight is so bad and they are working off PTA just to pick up a load and take it 500 miles to a area that is even worse in freight then where I was and then be placed on the bottom of the list when I get there. Heck, there were times that my DM would decline a load before I had a chance to. Like pick up a load on the yard in Phoenix and take to CA and drop on a Saturday with nothing coming out. I only took what would benefit me but then at the time I was also on Command just in case.

7. ladiesman304

ladiesman304 Light Load Member

Mar 19, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    Command serves its purpose. When swift doesn't have any loads i call command & they always have something

8. Rowdy1

Rowdy1 Light Load Member

Oct 11, 2016
    Alright I know everyone is calling BS. Here's some proof on why my system of running every single load sent to me works. My settlements. You'll see I was running solo and I average over 14,000 miles for July and August. Obviously I didn't run 17,000 miles in august which is why July is around 12,000. One of julys weeks bled into August. Anyway here you go. There is a way to do this. Feel free to pm me and I'll be glad to help anybody here. Hold on July coming
    Edit I just pm'ed the active poster my settlement rather than putting it out here public. Anyone who wants to see pm me.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2016
    ladiesman304 Thanks this.
  9. Rowdy1

Rowdy1 Light Load Member

Oct 11, 2016
    That's not good.

10. Rowdy1

Rowdy1 Light Load Member

Oct 11, 2016
    Actually no need to pm here's a list of how I run.
    1) I run 10.95 hours whenever possible. Some days you'll get to the shipper with hours left but on long runs I run my clock completely out until I'm at my final destination. This will require that you almost never spend the night at a truck stop. I sleep primarily on on ramps and in rest areas. Like I said the planners system is not designed for you to run on recap. If you've constantly got under 20 hours on your 70 you'll get the short runs.
    2) Be early. If it's a drop be as early as possible that the shipper will allow and set you pta to show you'll be early. Whenever possible which is more often than not I sleep at the shipper or just down the street the night before my live unload or drop.
    3) Don't be a pain in the ###. Like I said I never ever call in to the company unless it's just completely unavoidable. The DM doesn't want to deal with you. They're busy with all the other drivers denying loads and calling in with excuses. . I run every single load. When they send me a load they know #### well know I'll run it no questions asked. Always have. In three years I have never once turned down a load.
    4) some tips that have served me well also. I never ever fuel at pilot, t/a or Love's. Why would I pay 30-40¢ more for fuel to get 10¢ in points I can only spend at the store. I'll keep my money and spend it where I please.
    5) Running 65-70 hours per week requires that you feel good. I eat well and never ever miss a shower. I can shower in 15 minutes on my 30 minute break and I can always buy a shower from a company driver for 5$ rather than paying 12$
    6) truck stops will kill you. Planning your day around ending at a truck stop will not allow you to run your 11 hour clock out. There Just aren't enough truck stops and you'll have to stop early. Truck stops make you fat too. There's no pepsis on the on ramp. Try to do at least 650 miles per day. I know that's hard east coast.
    7) Really the whole key is to run out your clock every day you are able to.
    you get a load that you don't think you can make on time or you know you can't make on time. Who cares that's on the planners, run the #### thing. Let them handle the details.
    9) above all else make the planners and your DMs job easier and they'll do the same for you. Wouldn't you?

11. Rowdy1

Rowdy1 Light Load Member

Oct 11, 2016
    Oh yeah also never take more than 10 hours break during your trip. The key is go go go always as safely as possible. Obviously don't drive tired but that's on you to sleep and be healthy. Not watch YouTube videos for four hours and then sleep 6 and eat 2500 calories per day. I've found if I don't lift some weights every day for fifteen minutes or so and eat more than 1500 calories I feel lethargic. A healthy trucker is always hungry. You can't be full and sit all day. Hunger is just one of the things a healthy trucker has to deal with if you're like me. We all know someone who can eat whatever they like but that's not me and probably not you. .

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.