Swift O/O Load Board

Discussion in 'Swift' started by MysticHZ, Feb 9, 2013.

1. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    Is that an ATBS statement.? So you've been doing this 3 years. O/O the entire time? If so, one or two months mean nothing, much less that managing monthly is a wasteful exercise.

How about your annual numbers from last year and how many days off. Solo. Mentor.

And you're not running Command loads ,are you?

That and not overwhelmed by you revenue per mile.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2016
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MysticHZ

May 28, 2010
    So after doing a little analysis on your statement ... I'm grossing $.08 more per mile than you and I spend $.09 less per mile on fuel than you.

And you've got it wired. OK.

inkeper, ladiesman304 and blsqueak Thank this.
  4. MysticHZ

May 28, 2010
    I don't think his numbers are that far out of line ... First, it appears that he is using ATBSs monthly reports. Running weekly data and extrapolating it into monthly data can create a false appearance.

He claims a monthly average of 12,500 miles. Annualize that, bring it back to weekly and it comes out to a weekly average of around 2,880. Definitely doable.

And if you catch the right loads, 14,000 is possible on a monthly run out. Given his low revenue and high fuel cost, I suspect he catching a lot of 901 mile plus loads and running against the governor to get the load in as fast possible.

He may be getting a lot of miles, but he's not making that much money. He's begging off showers from company drivers for $5. Then he claims to stay out of restaurants because it's unhealthy, I think he's rationalizing it because he can't afford it.

5. Rowdy1

Rowdy1 Light Load Member

Oct 11, 2016
    I've actually got a yearly average of 3225 and yes the majority of my runs are over 900 miles. I will typically make a 12-1400 mile run. Be repositioned with with a 3 or 4 hundred mile run and then make another 1000 mile plus load. What you call low revenue I'm happy with. I paid taxes on 79k last year after paying all expenses including overage miles. Is the truck getting lots of miles, yes. That's fine by me I don't plan on owning it; I'm simply renting it. It works for me but if you know of a way I can generate more money I'd like to hear it. I'm always open to learn things that will improve my bottom line. I hate having to idle the truck all summer long to stay cool. My fuel cost go down substantially when cooler weather kicks in.

6. A21CAV

A21CAV Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Laredo, TX
    First, even though crow tastes nasty, it appears my bs-o-meter MAY have given a false reading probably due to being knocked out of calibration by our pal Scottie.

Second, Rowdy you are straight up insane! There are ways to produce the same revenue without running yourself to a nub. What you're doing is certainly not healthy in the long term.

If you would send me a few weeks of the original Swift settlements it would give me a clearer picture of what you're doing. I believe I have a good idea of what you're doing that is counter productive and there is a method to reduce your fuel costs and improve your net. Mystic and I both have been profitable doing this by running smart without running non-stop.

One thing I know you're doing wrong is running so many miles that you have to pay excess mileage charges. Add the excess cost per mile to your break even and see what percentage of your profit per mile you lose. Every excess mile is a waist of fuel and time.

Regardless what the outcome of this discussion turns out to be, I give you huge kudos for responding to Mystic and my bark back with class and dignity. You have to be in your early 20s to run the way you do because it would turn most older drivers into quivering shells and the maturity, rare for that age, is refreshing.
    Frank

DarkhorseEnterprises and inkeper Thank this.
  7. DarkhorseEnterprises

DarkhorseEnterprises Light Load Member

Jan 5, 2017
    BEST. ADVICE. EVER. Thanks for the inspiration! And all those naysayers and people dogging the industry - well, they're right about some things, but mostly not. It's like imagining that an automated truck could ever actually do our jobs by itself. Not gonna happen...at least not til their system gets light years more advanced, and I personally think they'll have teleportation figured out before that happens lol

8. ladiesman304

ladiesman304 Light Load Member

Mar 19, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    Have u guys heard the news about swift & knight coming together????

9. MysticHZ

May 28, 2010
  10. dkmachismo

dkmachismo Bobtail Member

Apr 17, 2017
  11. ladiesman304

ladiesman304 Light Load Member

Mar 19, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    Gotta be invited

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.