Swift Terminals

Discussion in 'Swift' started by Jastermite, Jul 3, 2014.

1. DocWatson

DocWatson Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2010
    Jersey shore
    In my limited experience I think you will be ok with Troutdale. They plan out of there as well for the PacNW. Sumner is more Costco heavy haul oriented so not sure if it is the best experience for an OTR driver. Facilities differ from terminal to terminal but how often are you hanging out at the terminal? I always liked Troutdale when I went there.

My least favorite terminal is currently Ocala, FL.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Broccelli

Broccelli Medium Load Member

Jan 2, 2014
    Virginia
    If you have issues with your terminal you can switch home terminals. Where you live has nothing to do with your home terminal, that's just the one you get attached to to start off. I know of drivers who live in Michigan and their home terminal is Phoenix. I live in Virginia and my home terminal is Columbus.

4. WitchyWomen

WitchyWomen Medium Load Member

Feb 10, 2012
    Buckeye, AZ
    We currently live in the Phx Metro area, but Steves' DM or "Home Terminal" has never been in Phx right now it's IGH. That said it's affordable to live here and my family is here (I am 4th generation or is it 5th whatever Arizonan) he keeps his pick-up at the Phx terminal so he can park and drive home and if you look closely you may see me there on occasion. He takes Hometime in Phx where we live or Iowa where his daughter lives or Washington where his Mom and niece live or Texas, Colorado etc dpending on relative or our many vacations in CA. So live where you want find a good or better a great DM.

inkeper Thanks this.
  5. Kindle

Kindle Medium Load Member

Oct 6, 2012
    Charlotte, NC
    Right now it sucks due to construction. The mechanics remain the same-unfriendly,unhelpful,and your better off getting repairs or even oil elsewhere

6. Myyshorty

Myyshorty Bobtail Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Lorain, Ohio
    I'm going to be in Millington on the June 22nd any pointers for a newbie?

7. inkeper

inkeper Road Train Member

Jan 30, 2011
    Texas
    Yep, up on the top of the page here, there is a search box, see it? Just type in "Swift Millington" and hit the search button... all sorts of pointers will show up. You can read about Swift Millington for days. Good luck!

fr8monkey, Nameless One and Myyshorty Thank this.
  8. fr8monkey

fr8monkey Road Train Member

Sep 16, 2009
    Right behind you
    Your so helpful inkeeper....even to da newbies!:p

inkeper Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.