swift walmart dedicated

Discussion in 'Swift' started by snowd21, Aug 31, 2013.

1. snowd21

snowd21 Light Load Member

May 19, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
    Hey guys, I'm very new to swift. About 4 months. just did a little running for Walmart dedicated. Wondering if there is anything I should know about pay differences that swift may not tell me about? For example I assume I get additional stop pay. Is there a pay scale for runs under 300, 200 miles?

Any info would be helpful. Just wanna make sure I'm getting what I'm supposeto be paid

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Casual Trucker

Casual Trucker Medium Load Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Short Runs Pay More Money even cheap Carriers pay more to the driver but some Carriers use that to kiss up to their customers in this case walmart they give them a cheap quote and give you a nickel a mile and all the freight you can squander and because the driver is new or inexperienced they get a way with that. if you have the same Mileage pay as a driver with 2000 mile trip then you just got suckered unless that load is what you want to do "LOCAL"

4. 4noReason

4noReason Road Train Member

Nov 29, 2012
    so u can get on dedicated right away?

5. inkeper

inkeper Road Train Member

Jan 30, 2011
    Texas
    It depends on the account and what they need. You can still run for a dedicated account and not be assigned to it, you are taking care of their overflow trips that their drivers can't cover. It is called surge. If you are doing surge you get your normal pay at normal rates regardless of what the contracted rate is. Stop pay still stands, you get paid for each stop except the first and last one. The first one is the shipper while the last one is the final receiver.

DocWatson Thanks this.
  6. snowd21

May 19, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
    It's a temporary assignment. I'm enjoying it while it lasts LOL

7. DocWatson

DocWatson Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2010
    Jersey shore
    Seems like there is a lot of this Walmart dedicated surge lately.

8. blsqueak

blsqueak Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    Just wait until around the holidays. It is a good gig for company drivers, it sucks of O/O. Last time that I did it, I was paid the Wal-Mart stop rate, $15, not my OTR rate.

9. Wolfyinc

Wolfyinc Road Train Member

Apr 21, 2013
    Salem, or
    for the surge I was guaranteed $150 a day rather I got the miles or not, are you getting that? I was paid normal mile rate plus $15 per stop, I ended up making more than the guaranteed pay for the first week I helped with Walmart, I also enjoyed the gig and wish it lasted. I am going to work on getting on with the target dedicated close to my home though.

aml1984 Thanks this.
  10. rusty266

rusty266 Light Load Member

Sep 17, 2009
    Springfield, MO
    I talked to Swift yesterday about running Walmart dedicated. They have the contract close to where I live. 33 cents per mile, $10 stop pay but the first one is free, slip-seat, about 2400 miles per week. No thanks! That equals less than half of what I currently make running Walmart dedicated for Prime. I'm not home much, 4 weeks out, 4 days at home, but at least I'm getting paid.

11. snowd21

May 19, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
    I didn't know prime had a dedicated account with Walmart. Never seen a prime truck pulling a Walmart trailer. But that's hella good money.

I got about 2500 miles a week plus average of $300 stop pay. $1100-1200 a week. I thought that was good LOL. For company driver

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.