Swinging past the house.

Discussion in 'Prime' started by DDFLD, Mar 27, 2016.

1. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    Yes, it's a big company and they do have a fist full of policies to protect themselves. But Prime, upper management, is good with shades of grey and what's practical. There are a few things that are taboo. Leaving a trailer at a truck stop with an almost useless kingpin lock is one.

I'd like to think they would help the OP get home. Probably drop the trailer at a customer and head home and maybe go somewhere else to pick up a load after the W/E.

It's also better to talk with your FM about it before they go home for the W/E. You don't want to deal with night/weekend dispatch about it. They don't have time for the grey areas.

darthanubis Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    I have never done anything without approval and hopefully the op doesn't either and he reads the policy hand book.If Prime issues cheap king pin locks I would buy another one.Truck stops have heavy duty king pin locks,of course before buying a lock I would make sure i would get reimbursed for it.

4. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    It isn't like that here, you must be thinking of Werner or something.

:occasion5:

darthanubis and G13Tomcat Thank this.
  5. J.S.

J.S. Medium Load Member

Jun 27, 2015
    Texas
    90 miles is too far IMO. OVER!

darthanubis Thanks this.
  6. Prime-Mate

Prime-Mate Light Load Member

Dec 17, 2013
    I wouldn't listen to all this BS, kingpin locks, etc... We don't use kingpin locks, your tractor is your trailer lock.... If you were only ninety miles from and sitting at a truck stop, your best bet would have been to simply have your FM put you out for twenty four, or whatever and get a ride home. Your only an hour and half away, use your prime app, and you know when the next load comes through....

7. redoctober83

redoctober83 Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    Seattle, wa
    That's the nice part about prime, you get all your qc Messages on the phone and can respond back from your phone so there is no need to stay in the truck just to wait for qc messages.

darthanubis Thanks this.
  8. redoctober83

redoctober83 Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    Seattle, wa
    Like he said, you're 90 Miles away from home. If you knew you were going to be parked like that you should have asked your fm to get you home. Nothing else, you could have called into night/weekend dispatch they usually can get you home or approve a move for the 90 miles. Prime isn't like crst, swift, crengland, or a lot of other companies out there. If you let them know you're that close and want to go home they'll work with you to get you there, Especially on a holiday weekend.

darthanubis Thanks this.
  9. 8thnote

8thnote Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2013
    Chattanooga, TN
    You are very wrong. If the OP is dumb enough to heed the advice of unknown charecters on an anonymous internet message board instead of asking some one at his employer, then he will get HIMSELF fired. It will be no ones fault but his own.

darthanubis Thanks this.
  10. CaptainDaveG

CaptainDaveG Road Train Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Fremont Wi
    So did you go home? Did someone come get you? Fill us in

Be Safe Out There

Captain Dave

redoctober83 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.