Swivel Bunk Log Trucks

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by Youngtrucker19, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Youngtrucker19

Youngtrucker19 Light Load Member

Feb 13, 2013
    Hi, let for first say I've looked everywhere online and can't find anything but a description of what it is. Does anyone know where to find a swivel bunk for log trucks or how much one would cost? I'm not trying to purchase one so to speak. I just like studying on the trucking industry from one side to the other.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Check out Anser Manufacturing, Superior Trailers or Arctic Manufacturing. Peerless Page used to make logging rigging, not sure if they still do. Not sure if Profab is still in business or not either. Brodex, Par Pac, and Knight used to build logging rigging as well but I am positive they've been out of the business at least 20 years now but there is still some of their gear on the roads.

You could also look up used trailers/rigging/complete logging trucks on the BC or Alberta comercial auto trader website. Long log setups like you're talking about are starting to go by the wayside here though in favour of quad wagons and short logs.

Oxbow Thanks this.
  4. Youngtrucker19

Youngtrucker19 Light Load Member

Feb 13, 2013
    Ths
    thank you I'll check into them.

5. sliver

sliver Light Load Member

Feb 17, 2015
    idaho
    Alpine, lincoln, whitlog, general, and peerless are some in USA

6. Caterpillar Cowboy

Caterpillar Cowboy Heavy Load Member

Nov 11, 2010
    Wyoming
    These guys put up a webpage about all sorts of logging equipment, pretty good read on what I think you're referring to as a long logger. Pleanty of other reading links on their website for logging equipment / trucking.

http://www.vannattabros.com/truck57.html

sliver and AModelCat Thank this.
  7. AModelCat

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    That pretty much sums it up better than I could explain it. Interesting to see the differences between how its done in the US vs. in Canada.

sliver Thanks this.
  8. sliver

sliver Light Load Member

Feb 17, 2015
    idaho
    Op
    Ya the difference is really interesting how different we do it. Had long logger for quite a few years in north idaho. Alpine rigging on 378 peterbilt. And drove for a guy also western stars with alpine rigging. Still got quite a few good friends hauling logs.

9. AModelCat

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Yeah we never see tag/pusher axles on logging trucks out in BC. Only way to make money hauling logs now is either tri-drive truck/tridem pole trailer like the truck in my avatar or a tri-drive truck and quad axle wagon. 5 axle loggers have been pretty much obsolete since about 1998 in BC.

10. Caterpillar Cowboy

Caterpillar Cowboy Heavy Load Member

Nov 11, 2010
    Wyoming
    Aren't tag/pusher/drop axles illegal up there in Canada?

11. AModelCat

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    I honestly don't know. I see some trucks and trailers with them out west but they are always lifted.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.