Sygma job interview

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Caustic-sam, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Caustic-sam

Caustic-sam Bobtail Member

Oct 5, 2015
    hello all,
    Does anyone have any experience with sygma? Everything I've found on the forums seems positive for someone who doesn't mind physical work as well as driving. The over the phone interview told me my goal of 800-1000k a week was possible. Any info is appreciated.

lagbrosdetmi Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Road Train Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Colorado
    they run mostly nights, lots of key stops, many routes get a helper. It does pay good.

4. Bob Dobalina

Bob Dobalina Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2015
    The "Buckeye"
    I used to run into a couple of Sygma guys, and they were making WAY more than you are hoping for. One made something like $82k last year. But they certainly earn it. I wouldn't do it for too long, though. Most older former food service delivery guys have knee problems if they did it long enough. Going up and down that ramp with a heavy 2-wheeler all day takes its toll. One old co-worker of mine had to get both knees replaced and he was in his 50s. It is a young man's game for sure.

CrappieJunkie, Mike2633 and lee2442 Thank this.
  5. brtecson

brtecson Medium Load Member

Oct 4, 2006
    Some of the sygma terminals run teams, some have mostly solo driver runs.. What terminal are you applying for?

6. lee2442

lee2442 Light Load Member

Dec 30, 2014
    there
    looks like my days a bedbugger as numbered, im headin into foodservice!

7. brtecson

brtecson Medium Load Member

Oct 4, 2006
    congrats lee!! keep us updated

8. Scott Jere Moyer

Scott Jere Moyer Bobtail Member

Sep 30, 2015
    Hard and heavy work, key drops,, maneuvering a heavy hand truck around corners in cramped kitchens, lots of night driving. Decent pay and a good bunch of co-workers. A lot of frustration with the organization right now though. They have retention issues with drivers because the work requires personal qualities of brute strength AND mental competency. Most people have either one or the other. They also have management retention issues because of all the frustration in dealing with flaky drivers.

I'm in my second week. First week on the job (two 34 hour runs with a backhaul) got me 1100$. They pay for your hotel and meals as well. Solid job for the right person.

9. Straight Stacks

Straight Stacks Paper Cha$er

Jul 18, 2015
    Alabama Gulf Coast
    Example:
    image.jpeg

10. lagbrosdetmi

lagbrosdetmi Box Monkey

Jul 1, 2014
    Detroit
  11. bp88

bp88 Light Load Member

Apr 20, 2013
    Orange County, CA
    Not sure about that particular company but everybody I've talked to who's hauled food/produce around says it's a #####. The pay is good but the companies have a lot of turnover for obvious reasons.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.