Sysco pay with dip

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Sg29651, May 30, 2015.

1. Sg29651

Sg29651 Bobtail Member

May 28, 2015
    So they want to start with 17.51/hr with dip and overtime. I guess you get paid for pre/post trip, hours during driving and 10 tiers for cases per hour. Let's say If I had a 50hr route and maintained a productive pace and got the route done in 50hr and made dip what am I looking at gross? It would be like $969 without dip but does dip add to hourly or would it add to the $969? Thanks

Ps. I don't know why they have to make it so confusing

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Skate-Board

Skate-Board Road Train Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Merrimack, NH
    They pay you in dip? As in Salsa? I like that.

4. Wicked Wizard

Wicked Wizard Heavy Load Member

Jul 15, 2008
    Northeast PA
    Please explain what DIP is.......

5. Sg29651

Sg29651 Bobtail Member

May 28, 2015
    Well I haven't started yet but that's what I was wondering. From what I understand it's called driver incentive program and the faster you go the the higher the incentive. I think you get paid more per case like if your route is 600 cases you do 50 cases per hour you get 0.21/case but if you finish at 60 cases per hour you go up a tier to 0.25/case on top of you hourly pay. I think that how it goes but I was asking exactly how it did work

6. truckerdave17

truckerdave17 Light Load Member

Nov 17, 2009
    st louis, mo
    No, probably more like Copenhagen or Skoal. I'll have a can please.

dngrous_dime and Skate-Board Thank this.
  7. lagbrosdetmi

lagbrosdetmi Box Monkey

Jul 1, 2014
    Detroit
    50 cs per hour? Are you wheelchair bound or something?

Mike2633 and LoneCowboy Thank this.
  8. Sg29651

Sg29651 Bobtail Member

May 28, 2015
    It's just an example

9. sysco 294

sysco 294 Light Load Member

Sep 20, 2009
    albany ny
    you do 50 cs of beef up a flight of stairs or an elevator stop in less then a hour. this job isn't a race. no, i'm not wheelchair bound, but i am a 22 year veteran of delivering food

already gone and Sg29651 Thank this.
  10. imtimmy

imtimmy Bobtail Member

May 13, 2015
    DFW
    I work for Sysco North Tx. but on straight truck side, which is hourly. Dip pay for transportation drivers here, .22 a case, premium is .26 a case if you have to push it off far, upstairs, downstairs, the managers decide what stops are premium. They also get paid by the mile and an hourly pay for delay and anything over 40 hours which is usually 19-22 an hour. Here in North TX we are non-union, Houston and San Antonio are teamster. Our VP here says his dip pay drivers make 1200-1400 on average. I've been with the company 20 months, overnight drivers and drivers who have had set routes for many years usually earning 100k+. Having heard from a lot of newer drivers however, after putting in their hours averaging 1000 a week, loads vary by the day as do the routes etc. I'm working my way out of Sysco N. TX., made decent pay my first year with a lot of OT but the VP of our hub has put a squeeze on OT and if I can't work the hours than the job just isn't worth it. A lot of aggravation with loads, freight burried, routes not exactly routed right stop to stop, than they complain and ask why u skip stops, IDK, just working my ### off digging out freight and instead of driving by the chophouse figure i drop their groceries before driving 10 blocks away to another, stuff like that. You will have some room in a trailer to sort and dig freight out and organize, shouldn't be as bad like a straight truck. By us they put new hires with a driver for 3 months, pay 19 an hour to start until the 3 months than dip etc. on your own, overnight drivers always have a partner for safety and help with load.

Mike2633 and LoneCowboy Thank this.
  11. already gone

already gone Road Train Member

Sep 8, 2007
    Western New York
    Dip pay sucks, you CANT control the way your cases are buried, er, i mean loaded.

Mike2633 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.