T/A Elkton, MD

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by supersnackbar, Apr 28, 2015.

1. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I know I said in other threads that I wouldn't use T/A's locations again unless I had to...well, since the company fuel stop in this area is the T/A in Elkton...I had to. All was fine until this morning when I went to shower...I got nekked, spread out all my necessary items, before jumping in the shower, ma' nature called. When I 1st came in, I did notice the toilet running, but I didn't think anything of it, except...the lid was down as well. Well, I lifted the lid to sit down, and there in the bowl was the last drivers....uhhhhh......download. I tried to flush it down...but the toilet was running because the high pressure bladder in the tank was screwed up, and it wouldn't flush...hence the lid being down...well, I get re-dressed, pick up my gear and exit looking for a shower attendant/porter. Turns out, there were 2, one noticed the problem and went to put the shower out of service and call for a repairman...but, didn't tell the other person, who cleaned the shower, placed towels in the rack and cleared the shower for use on the computer...never lifting the lid on the toilet...when I went to get a different shower, they gave me one, on the way I came across the 1st guy...he appologised for the mistake saying that the shower wasn't suppose to be issued and that he will be sure to lock it out himself this time...and the other porter would be told not to unlock it.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Air Breeze

Air Breeze Heavy Load Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Tennessee
    That T/A has always been a nasty one. About 5 years ago I saw them arrest a driver who started an argument
    when he did not have enough money to pay the parking fee when he tried to leave. I could not believe it when
    they called the police and had him arrested over $20 dollars. Until they built that fence around it years ago it
    was very dangerous for drivers. Numerous incidents of truck drivers being mugged or assaulted by criminals. I do
    recall reading about one fatality from a driver being stabbed. Even the fuel Island is set up wrong so that trucks
    back up into the street when to many trucks try to fuel at one time.

4. NavigatorWife

NavigatorWife Road Train Member

Apr 30, 2012
    Cental West, AL
    It happens, the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing or not doing. At least you weren't in the shower and the water cuts off.

5. already gone

already gone Road Train Member

Sep 8, 2007
    Western New York
    I thought that truck stop was like the Disneyland of lot lizards?

6. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Well, if they would have cut the water off, they would have had a shock (or a good laugh depending on how cold it was)...I wouldn't towel off, me and my birthday suit covered in soap suds would stroll out to the fuel desk and complain...:biggrin_2551::biggrin_25521::biggrin_2559:

7. TLeaHeart

TLeaHeart Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2008
    casper, wy
    I honestly think you have the wrong truck stop, the one in elkton is not near as bad as the one in jessup, which has a fence, a very short entrance to the fuel islands and paid parking...

elkton has non of the above.

8. windsmith

windsmith Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    NEPA
    Elkton, MD? Every time I've been there, there has been no fence around it, and it's always been free parking. There's the occasional panhandler, but never saw any lot lizards, and no fights or arguments. Are you sure you're thinking of the same TA?

9. Longarm

Longarm Road Train Member

Jun 2, 2011
    He's definitely confused with Jessup.

Elkton may not win any awards, but it's redeeming quality is that I always find a place to park there no matter the time of day. Easy in/out too.

windsmith Thanks this.
  10. TLeaHeart

TLeaHeart Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2008
    casper, wy
    Parked at elkton many times, as I had a delivery right up the street, with midnight appointment times, and no on site parking for that appointment.

11. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Elkton and Jessup both equate to a dump... But then again what TA doesn't?

12. already gone

already gone Road Train Member

Sep 8, 2007
    Western New York
    Doh! I remember elkton now, sorry, last time i was on the east coast, LJ Kennedy was still in business.....

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.