T/A Jessup Maryland

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by Triple Digit Bullhauler, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Triple Digit Bullhauler

Triple Digit Bullhauler Heavy Load Member

Sep 6, 2012
    001 anywhere USA
    I use to deliver and pick up in the Baltimore area alot. The Baltimore Produce Market across the street from the T/A in Jessup,MD. Was a real crap hole as for the parking area, had to be armed to walk to, or from truck stop from parking lot, security were a real treat to deal with. I see they have added fences, and a security company, but parking is still a mess. Showers suck, and fuel island is messed up as to the set up of pumps

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DTP

DTP Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2014
    I so don't miss delivering to the east coast...

mountaingote Thanks this.
  4. nikmirbre

nikmirbre Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    Yeah and Lot Lizards use to walk around 24/7 like the owned the place, even on the side streets there. They have really cleaned that area up......Fueling there still sucks however...

5. walstib

walstib Darkstar

It's in the arm pit of America, what do you expect?!

I grow up there, I KNOW!

dca and mountaingote Thank this.
  6. Triple Digit Bullhauler

Sep 6, 2012
    001 anywhere USA
    I wouldn't call it the armpit of America, but it is close. At least that area anyways

7. Flipflops

Flipflops Heavy Load Member

Oct 18, 2015
    First and last time I delivered to Lancaster Foods across from there. Had to spend the night. One of the worst places ever. Gauge on the reefer fuel unit got damaged and I ran out of fuel. Spent all this time priming to get the reefer running after fueling. Hands really dirty etc. Couldn't wait to shower and eat. Showers were blah. I just wanted a steak after. I got the best steak they probably had on the menu... Something felt off. I ask my girl to taste it and it tasted weird. .. So tired and late at night I finally realized it wasn't a steak. It was ground beef.. No ribeye at all. Bought a bag of chips and called it a night. Also when I had to re fuel the reefer.. I lost 45 minutes just waiting to get in the fuel isle.

8. poppapump1332

poppapump1332 Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2010
    birdsboro,pa
    Ranks right up there with the old Walt Whitman ts in philly.

9. Triple Digit Bullhauler

Sep 6, 2012
    001 anywhere USA
    Sounds about right. pay for a high dollar steak, but get a Spam sandwich.

10. CountryJ

CountryJ Bobtail Member

Oct 11, 2010
    Fresno, Ca.
    I go up there too often unfortunately. The restaurant is on par with most t/a's. And they have cleaned it up a lot. But the showers are god awful. I actually made a complaint online a month ago. I've never done that before.

But a stool with a big skid mark on it and permanently stained sink was absolutely disgusting. I got a call from a manager with an attitude. Wanted to know why I didn't come up stairs and say something. I told him that by the state of that shower it didn't matter who I talked to because they obviously didn't care. I sent him pics. The next day he called back and wanted my card number so he could put a shower back on there. Like he was doing me a big favor. I told him don't bother

11. Triple Digit Bullhauler

Sep 6, 2012
    001 anywhere USA
    I hear u/ Too many times they place signs in restrooms stating " If bathroom needs attention, or you see something wrong. Please inform desk" You complain, and many times you get either an attitude, or the job is done. Amazing how customer service went out with Bobby Socks and high Buckle shoes.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.