T680 keeps blowing fuses

Discussion in 'Kenworth Forum' started by antoinefinch, Nov 22, 2015.

1. antoinefinch

antoinefinch Light Load Member

Jan 23, 2015
    Phenix City, Alabama
    The 2014 Kenworth T680 I drive has blown every lighter fuse I put in.the sleeper lighters and the cabin lighters keep blowing?Now my Performance Center and Radio won't work along with the lights on my oil and trans guages,I can't locate the fuse for them any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jammer910Z

jammer910Z Road Train Member

May 28, 2015
    There should be the common panel at your left foot on the floor at the firewall. There's probably another under the hood. Possibly another in the sideboard or under the bunk.

If you keep blowing the same fuse you either are overloading that circuit.. have a pinched or skinned wire somewhere. . or have a ground problem. I doubt it's a ground problem because the fuse won't blow without current travel and it won't travel at all without a ground.

This could be a relay problem , also. Not a fuse.

4. Mudguppy

Mudguppy Degenerate Immoralist

Apr 28, 2014
    Wooley Swamp
    Also could be yet another panel behind the glovebox....

5. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    On my older Volvo the problem was in the red light at the bottom of the door, opened it up and could see right away bad connections

6. JRBES

JRBES Bobtail Member

Jun 22, 2015
    Once you find the fuse disconnect everything that fuse powers. Plug one at a time that will narrow your search that is shorting you out

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.