T700 DPF nightmare

Discussion in 'Kenworth Forum' started by Yajmekk, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Yajmekk

Yajmekk Bobtail Member

Mar 9, 2012
    Denver, CO
    Anyone got any ideas? I'm still at a blank with this truck.I would really hate to get put back in one of our 587 Petes, I don't go home but a couple days every 2-3 months and hated living in one of those, it felt like a prison with the terribly designed interior and I really enjoy being in my kw I just need to figure this out.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. The Admiral

The Admiral Heavy Load Member

Jul 18, 2010
    Akron,Ohio
    How many miles total? When they clean the filter are they using a laser machine,if not it is not getting really cleaned out. Are you having to add coolant,if so probably your EGR cooler is leaking which would make sense why the DPF is plugging up. It would not hurt to pull the EGR valve off and give it a good cleaning and a shot of oil to lube the valve stem. A Cummins engineer i talked to at the MAT truck show,said the EGR is not labeled as a maintenance item,but in his opinion if you pull it off and clean it up a couple times a year it probably would save you a lot of aggravation and probably some cash. It's a simple job. On my 08 i could pull it in under 1/2 hr. First time i did it it was really gummed up with carbon. Hope this helps.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2012
  4. EHB

EHB Medium Load Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Newfoundland
    Where are you getting your fuel from? What are you putting in the fuel tank for a fuel stabilizer. Is it real fuel or is it furnace oil? I ask because I came across a fuel station where either the wrong fuel was put in the underground storage tanks or the owner was a cheep ### selling the wrong fuel for a higher price.

5. hawkjr

hawkjr Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Virginia
    i had somewhat the same problem with my truck.. except it would smokeout the whole highway at least 2 times a day, even after parked regens it would do it.. After getting it cleaned out, 2 times at the KW dealership they couldn't find nothing wrong!! same motor as yours also ISX 450 2009... #### things are a POS

6. Yajmekk

Yajmekk Bobtail Member

Mar 9, 2012
    Denver, CO
    As for the fuel I'm a 48 state driver and my company has fuel island on our west coast terminals, and for the rest of our fuel a use pilot/flying j's strictly. I would like to see if I can get my maintenance department to get some EGR work done next time it goes in, and give the cooler a look. Hawkjr I'm sorry to hear yours was that bad bro I hope you got something better by now. If we had something other than Pete 587's available I would get a newer truck but I don't keep a place of my own back home and rarely take home time, and I can't stand the sleeper interior of the new petes no livability in the designs at all it reminds me of my old barracks a bed and a closet. I love having my pull out table with a fridge under it.

7. Hghwyman48

Hghwyman48 Bobtail Member

Dec 9, 2011
    Louisville, KY
    I have an '09 T2000 with an ISX Cummins. There is an injector that injects diesel into the DPF during regen to help burn off the soot. I had to have the injector replaced. I also blow blue smoke occasionally. Kenworth dealership service guy told me that when oil pressure goes over 38 pounds, a valve releases oil.

8. Yajmekk

Yajmekk Bobtail Member

Mar 9, 2012
    Denver, CO
    Were you getting terrible fuel mileage? Also what Kenworth shop was it?

9. believe456

believe456 Light Load Member

Apr 22, 2015
    I have the light on it's been on since I got it. 342k miles 2012 t700 cummins isx motor. Drive way from Indiana to Virginia (11hours) non stop light still on no lost of power no sluggish driving didn't turn off or smoke . I'm doing a parked regen now it's about 15 mins in and as it is regen the check engine light comes on for 30 seconds then goes off

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.