TA/Petro ( Points of Appreciation )

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by nonsense007, Oct 15, 2016.

1. dngrous_dime

dngrous_dime Road Train Member

Jan 28, 2014
    Lansing area, MI
    Salad has too much fiber for me....4 string cheese with a 24oz coffee is a good balance, tho.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. lilillill

lilillill Sarcasm... it's not just for breakfast

Nov 7, 2007
    Possum Booger, Alabama
    Cheese has way too much nutrition in it, driver. All you need is coffee... that's it, nothing else.

4. dngrous_dime

dngrous_dime Road Train Member

Jan 28, 2014
    Lansing area, MI
    I don't smoke, so I gotta replace nicotine with something....

5. KillingTime

KillingTime Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2016
    Rockland, Maine
    You forgot the bit about dropping a deuce then running out of the bathroom to touch all the salad tongs and coffee stirrers in the joint. *while skipping the water and soap to hands part of the process*
    Nasty ####ing illegitimate children.

Bean Jr., driverdriver and ZVar Thank this.
  6. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Was kinda my point there killingtime. Do you really think they washed their hands after watering the tire? Or for that matter less gross, but equally disgusting stiff like strapping that flatbed load, adding oil, or even opening the doors of the van. All that grime, grease, and road dirt is still on peoples hands hours later. The same ones that use a salad bar and touch every single plate, fork, and serving thing..

Again, takes a braver man than me to eat a salad bar from anywhere, but truckstops are just super nasty,

KillingTime Thanks this.
  7. ‘Olhand

‘Olhand Cantankerous Crusty

Jan 18, 2011
    Best diet supplement in the world....go into ts restaurant....observe hogs at trough.....go out to truck make sandwich....

8. Rusty Trawler

Rusty Trawler Road Train Member

Jul 14, 2016
    Flush twice
    It's a long way to the kitchen

driverdriver Thanks this.
  9. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Salad bar in the Iron Skillets is very good. So are all the veggies. CP is ok, but nothing compared to the skillet. One of my hugest peeve's with e-log is I don't think I'll be able to target the Petro's like I normally would. Line 5 safe haven I guess.

Not to mention it only takes half as much time to fuel at the T/A & Petro. Just don't let any T/A in Ohio work on your truck, and you'll be ok.

nonsense007, DTP and 12 ga Thank this.
  10. DTP

DTP Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2014
    They have or at least recently had a deal where if you bought a steak in the restaurant they'd give you a scratch off ticket at the end. Got a $50 gift card on one I scratched off in Brazil, IN so that was a nice surprise. Glad Petro brought the NY strip back, hope it lasts...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.