Taking another swing at it

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by Wickedfire77, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Wickedfire77

Wickedfire77 Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Northern, Michigan
    After discussing my lack of weekly miles of late, I decided to take a run to Phoenix for a Tuesday delivery. This will screw my settlement for next week, but the following week will combine this run with whatever back haul that should take me over 4000 on a settlement. I did do one load to cover my fixed cost , so I'll only eat a little fuel to get a chance to go home with a solid pay day to relax for a few days . Hosting my big family/friends get together in August this year, so there is no interference from school, football or other fall related obticals , (weather )

So I welcome the AZ run, it's been a while since visiting.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DenaliDad

DenaliDad Retired Wheel Dog

Some units in our society can be arrogant, amazing critters, can't they?

wulfman75 and Wickedfire77 Thank this.
  4. wulfman75

wulfman75 Road Train Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Athens, GA
    Always enjoy reading this thread. No bickering or trolling makes for a nice change.

centralmi and Wickedfire77 Thank this.
  5. DenaliDad

Oh, there have been some, but they get smacked down pretty quickly. It is more enjoyable that way, I think.

wulfman75 and Wickedfire77 Thank this.
  6. Wickedfire77

Mar 3, 2013
    Northern, Michigan
    Made it to NM. I parked in Tucumcari and my truck was shaking. I had to confirm it was the wind doing this, or else I thought I was in another earthquake and didn't know it, again.

When I started my day in MO, I fueled up at loves.
    There was a truck with the top of the roof damaged, the stack was on the catwalk and his reefer was peeled back like a can of spam, and I saw tree limbs sticking out of the top of the trailer.
    Did this driver go down a wrong road and didn't think the tree limb hanging down was any match for his big trucks muscle?

7. DenaliDad

And there's that call to The Boss....

Wickedfire77 Thanks this.
  8. Wickedfire77

Mar 3, 2013
    Northern, Michigan
    Waiting all day for my reload to be ready. It does go to midland Texas though , delivers Thursday . So I could get loaded and take off tomorrow morning and pull off a 34 . That way I can get anywhere I need to over the weekend. Since I delivered today , I'll be stacking bother weeks into one settlement on the 31st. Should be well over. 4k miles. Hoping for $2k payday to cover all my fun coming up . Feel free to drop in if you are going through Gaylord Michigan on August 1st .
    I even scheduled an ice cream truck to go by during my party.

DenaliDad and popcorn169 Thank this.
  9. Wickedfire77

Mar 3, 2013
    Northern, Michigan
    I'm going to push to squeeze one more load in after I get to GR on Saturday .
    I'm really missing my shower bag and boots that I forgot at home. I now have a neck beard and I feel every rock I step on with these sandals

10. Wickedfire77

Mar 3, 2013
    Northern, Michigan
    Midland Texas Loves. Still being built but I'm here delivering fuel pump parts. A bit muddy , they don't even have a driveway yet

DenaliDad Thanks this.
  11. Wickedfire77

Mar 3, 2013
    Northern, Michigan
    I was at Loves for 7.5 hrs for my unload., we had a disagreement over the meaning of "no touch freight" and how it related to our situation and me not being paid to do grunt work that one of the crew guys should do.
    I helped with 5/15 skids out of generosity , then I felt overheated and started to see spots and my face was tingling . I had to get in my truck in the working AC. This fat northern boy doesn't do well in the heat above 67F
    Now I'm headed to get tortillas for GR. Then I swap for a trailer to TN for Monday delivery. After that it's a load to go home . Tick
    Tock...tick...tock

DenaliDad and RERM Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.