Taking another swing at it

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by Wickedfire77, Mar 18, 2014.

1. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    Sounds like Rawlins for the night ... at least it's not winter ... I hate Rawlins in the winter.

Wickedfire77 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Wickedfire77

Wickedfire77 Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Northern, Michigan
    Rawlins indeed. Now to convince myself it's a good idea to leave in exactly 10 hours .

4. Wickedfire77

Mar 3, 2013
    Northern, Michigan
    Had an old friend call me, says he is sick of being in office work and wants to drive a truck. Asked if he could team .
    I said he needs his CDL first, then we'll talk

5. Wickedfire77

Mar 3, 2013
    Northern, Michigan
    My back haul doesn't load until 5pm in South Gate. Supposed to be in Toledo oh Friday morning. I may need to relay it. With LA traffic, I think my drive hours will be chewed up to make it

6. Wickedfire77

Mar 3, 2013
    Northern, Michigan
    I made it to Nevada. Just inside the state line. It irks me that I had to pay for parking, although it is a reasonable rate compared to a lot of other places . If all goes well, I'll be in riverside by 6am local

7. Wickedfire77

Mar 3, 2013
    Northern, Michigan
    Getting my required truck wash before California

8. Wickedfire77

Mar 3, 2013
    Northern, Michigan
    I told dispatch about the dilemma, and they said I should pick it up, and run with it at least a day, then arrange a change of delivery with the broker.

9. Wickedfire77

Mar 3, 2013
    Northern, Michigan
    A full day wasted in LA traffic.
    Of course I ran out of hours and I was forced to the TA in Ontario . I'm going outlaw too. I plan to sleep with the AC on.

DenaliDad, Al. Roper and centralmi Thank this.
  10. Wickedfire77

Mar 3, 2013
    Northern, Michigan
    I decided to take 70 up to Denver this time just because in another month it will be snow covered and I'd like to see the mountain again. Technically it's a shorter route back to Ohio , but I'm sure the truck will work a little harder.

On an unrelated note , my friend is touring the CDL school on Friday. That's a good first step.

DenaliDad Thanks this.
  11. DenaliDad

DenaliDad Retired Wheel Dog

I wasted many, many hours in LA traffic when I was working in Long Beach and living in Norco. 53 miles one way home-to-office always took at least 90 minutes. And that was on a motorcycle using the HOV lane and splitting traffic, which is legal in California, and with no traffic accidents or freeway closures to land medevac helicopters.

Or white Broncos being chased at legal highway speeds by a hundred CHP officers...

Last edited: Aug 18, 2015
    RidgeRunner731 and Wickedfire77 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.