Taking another swing at it

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by Wickedfire77, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Wickedfire77

Wickedfire77 Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Northern, Michigan
    When you reach a plateau and think it's the top, only to discover you've only made it to "the first summit" of many, and the top is out of sight, veiled by clouds.

I was sucker punched by my past this week.
    I surrendered a lease vehicle back in 2012 when I had medical issues. Guy at the dealership told me "just pay $200 and you can get out of it"
    So that's what I did.
    Now that lease company is coming at me with a vengeance.
    I was hit with "non wage earnings" garnishment this week .
    They took 48.5% of my settlement.
    I'll file a motion for installment payments on Monday when I can get to the courthouse. Might effect next week as well.
    Company accountant already said they have my back to cover my rent next Friday. (As a loan, of course) .
    The circumstance sucks , but, I don't know how I could think of jumping ship when they are willing to help me out in a time of need.
    Just when miles were good and I had no real complaints, this happens.
    I'm ready to go be a mountain man.

88 Alpha and RERM Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. popcorn169

popcorn169 Road Train Member

Sep 5, 2011
    state of confusion
    Sorry to hear about your issues. It always seems that when things are going well something will always happen.

Was the last one a walk away lease? If so it don't seem that they could come after you that way.

Hope you get it straightened out.

4. RERM

RERM Road Train Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Chicago, IL

Well, Monday I got in the truck, happy that this week I'd finish paying some bills I had outstanding....drove down to pick up a nice Hazmat load, hooked and proceeded to overheat on I-55.....new radiator, for my pretty new-old Pete.....Cost....$1,835 + $500 labor...AND the radiator doesn't get to the shop till....get this....Monday!!!!!!!!!!....so a full week down!!!!!!!....If that's not enough, I get a call from my mother...Dad has stage 4 Cancer....OUT OF NOWHERE!!!!!!.....so now I gotta figure out a way to get my family down to PR to visit my father....######!!!!!!!!......just when I thought it was bad...life show's you it can get worse!!!!!!....

Ironically, my Dad is taking it all in stride....in his words....he's 87, got a full time job he actually likes and he's gotten to play with his great grandkids.....Korea and Vietnam didn't get him, and he's managed to travel the world with his family....

Sorry, didn't mean to be a Debbie Downer, but just when you think money problems are the worst...well, there just things, enjoy your family, in the end, that's what matters....

BigSky, 88 Alpha and Wickedfire77 Thank this.
  5. popcorn169

popcorn169 Road Train Member

Sep 5, 2011
    state of confusion

Sorry to hear about your father.

6. Wickedfire77

Mar 3, 2013
    Northern, Michigan
    It was a minivan. The dealership salesman just lied, and it caught up to me

7. Wickedfire77

Mar 3, 2013
    Northern, Michigan
    Sorry for your troubles.
    I tend to stray from family issues on here because I didn't want to cause some debate over cancer or stem cells.
    Fact of the matter is, it's only money.
    I'm still going camping with the family, still going fishing with Dad, and still going to the nephrology clinic at UofM Ann Arbor on the 9th.

RERM Thanks this.
  8. rda2580

rda2580 Heavy Load Member

Feb 22, 2012
    Lower Michigan
    Sounds like one hellava man Rerm! Hope you get some quality time with the family! Veterans hold anyone from the Korean war in high esteem as well as Vietnam.

9. RERM

RERM Road Train Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Chicago, IL

He is, a glass half full kinda guy!!!!....says the military was the best of times and the worst of times...all my life his work ethic and ability to remain calm, no matter what, have defined him......

In 43 years, i've seen him play with his daughters and myself, be a perfect mannequin for his granddaughter (she would do him up!!!lol!!!!), he would bring flowers to my mom out of the blue, and he always, ALWAYS said to all of us how proud he is of us.......I only remember him angry, real angry, once.......the other guy decided better to not stand back up.....

RidgeRunner731 and Wickedfire77 Thank this.
  10. CaptainDaveG

CaptainDaveG Road Train Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Fremont Wi
    Put your current truck into an LLC, wage assignment will stop immediately. The new LLC does not owe for your past issues. Pay yourself .15 cents a mile from that LLC and within a month or so that old lease company will take penny's on the dollar...

Your current company shouldn't care who owns the truck as long as you personally guarantee it.

Be Safe Out There

Captain Dave

BigSky and RERM Thank this.
  11. Wickedfire77

Mar 3, 2013
    Northern, Michigan
    The company I'm leased to is pretty understanding. Until I file my motion for installment payments, they are willing to front me advances to cover my bills.
    It's shocking really

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.