Tanker Companies with rider programs

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by DuckCrazy45, Jun 29, 2015.

1. DuckCrazy45

DuckCrazy45 Bobtail Member

Aug 16, 2012
    Ft Worth TX
    Does anyone know of a tanker company with a rider program? I do love where I work now but my wife and I are at a point in our life where we don't have to raise kids and want to spend more time together. I really don't want to pull a reefer or dry van but if I have to I will. Anyone have any ideas?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. slim shady

slim shady Road Train Member

Sep 14, 2011
    Chicago, Il.
    Don't know of any on the chemical side, unless teaming.
    Maybe food grade

4. ethos

ethos Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Houston
    Schneider has one but riders and chemical usually don't mix well. She won't be allowed in at most plants. Schneider is the only one that I know of that allows them. But I haven't been with Schneider Bulk for a while, they might have changed that. If here riding with you is a big deal then honestly I would look at other types of trucking. Another thing to consider, most if not all tanking companies run mid roof tractors. Less room than a condo.

5. StainlessSteelRat

StainlessSteelRat Bobtail Member

Jun 30, 2015
    Johnsrud Transport,Des Moines IA has one i think it's apr to late october basically no rider during winter call 800-237-9795 ask for Jane. They start about 18$ hr or mileage. All food Grade.

6. rz14nj

rz14nj Light Load Member

Jun 12, 2012
    Indian river. Most will probably allow a rider, its the places you deliver/pickup that will be the problem

7. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    Dana lets you take your spouse on two loads per quarter. On a out and back load. And since most customers will not allow passengers to come onto their property I don't bother with it. If you want to take her with you you can try running food grade tank. But you won't make as much money as you can running chemicals.

8. ernestadkins

ernestadkins Bobtail Member

Aug 19, 2013
    Mardela Springs, MD
    Venezia Transport has a rider policy and they haul chemicals. I think the only "catch" is you have to pay $15.00/month to add that person to their insurance. That's nothing. I hope this helps.

9. DuckCrazy45

DuckCrazy45 Bobtail Member

Aug 16, 2012
    Ft Worth TX
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.