Tanker - Houston

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by DieselBoss206, Jun 24, 2015.

1. DieselBoss206

DieselBoss206 Bobtail Member

Jun 11, 2015
    Anyone recommend a good tanker company out of Houston for O/O. Preferably local or regional. Thanks.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    A&R Logistics in Highlands, TX
    Can't get the 0/0 section of their website to open today; maybe you can.
    drivewithar.com

4. DieselBoss206

DieselBoss206 Bobtail Member

Jun 11, 2015
    Thanks. Any feedback on them?

5. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    All I can tell you for sure is my former neighbor drove as a company driver and made $72K per year. They advertise home weekends, but he was home several times during the week..He loaded at the rail head in Nashville.

6. 88 Alpha

88 Alpha Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 12, 2012
    SouthEast Alabama
    They were editing the O/O side. A&R added a note in blue and gold, 16 point font that says "Thanks for your efforts, Chinatown. We will take it from here." :biggrin_255:

Chinatown Thanks this.
  7. 88 Alpha

May 12, 2012
    SouthEast Alabama
    @Chinatown
    I hope you understood I was only teasing you. I appreciate the information you give regarding the various companies. Some I've never heard of, some I've never thought about until you mention them. Folks may not end up going where you suggest, but you certainly provide a solid foundation for folks to look at and begin their discovery phase.

HeWhoMustNotBeNamed Thanks this.
  8. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    88Alpha : Yes, I understand.
    I try to put lots of info out there so drivers have choices which many may not be aware of. Especially the new drivers that are only aware of 3 or 4 companies the schools push. They're surprised when the realize there's dozens of choices. Take care!

Do you know anything about Evergreen Transport in Evergreen,AL? They have their own CDL school and mostly run Southeast regional and Texas. The man that owns the company used to own Poole Truck Lines from years ago.
    Anyway, that's another little known choice for someone looking for trucking company CDL school.

HeWhoMustNotBeNamed Thanks this.
  9. 88 Alpha

May 12, 2012
    SouthEast Alabama
    I, personally, don't know much about Evergreen but I am familiar with them. I can tell you this, though. Almost 10 years ago, my dad left Evergreen as a multi-year driver for them and came to the company I am with. It didn't take long for him to convince several of his fellow Evergreen friends to join him. I joined our current company almost 9 years ago and soon became friends with most of the drivers my dad encouraged to come over.

Why do I mention that? All of them (5-10 drivers) still speak highly of Evergreen, to this day. The reason they all left was because Evergreen was going through some "issues" and came very near closing the doors. My dad and his friends decided to leave on their own terms instead of being forced out. Evergreen never completely closed, but they rebounded quite well. Many of my former Evergreen driver-friends still call the head of the company (Ronnie K) from time to time just to speak to him for a few minutes. They don't want to give up their seniority and benefits where we are currently employed, but have said several times, if our company ever closes the doors, they will go back to Evergreen.

I was not aware of their driving school and those former drivers have not mentioned it either. Makes me think that is a relatively new program.

You are correct in their running area, at least that is the way it was 9-10 years ago...Southeast and Texas. They have dry bulk pneumatic tanks pulling sand, cement etc with day cabs locally and have some shiney pneumatic tanks pulling plastic pellets out of the Pensacola area to a couple of places in the mid-Atlantic states. Back then, everyone was paid on percentage and it wouldn't surprise me if they still are.

One of my friends was at Evergreen 13 years and speaks HIGHLY of Mr. Poole.

As I said, I don't know anything about them from a 1st-person point-of-view, but I know a little about them from hearsay.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.