Tanker Work in Arkansas

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Weeble Kneeble, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Weeble Kneeble

Weeble Kneeble Heavy Load Member

Jun 10, 2012
    Rip City
    Got a buddy at my current employer who is moving to London, AR by June/July at latest. Bunch of experience and hazmat certs, Smith System trainer, etc.

Question here, where are some places to start looking for work. He's looked into Gemini (day late and a dollar short, literally, with them for the time being) and Lindsey Transport. Any other quality outfits?

Thanks in advance.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. GasHauler

GasHauler Master FMCSA Interpreter

Oct 23, 2005
    Vegas/Jersey
    What kind of product are you looking to haul?

4. Weeble Kneeble

Jun 10, 2012
    Rip City
    Well we do petroleum products where we're at now, along with ethanol, B99, and DEF. He's looking for a similar local gig that isn't bottom of the barrel down that way, preferably petroleum, but just would like to stick with tanker work.

5. GasHauler

GasHauler Master FMCSA Interpreter

Oct 23, 2005
    Vegas/Jersey
    Gasoline is easy to find. Most places there are more than one refinery but you can located where the drivers load fairly easy. Just look for the above ground tanks and a bunch of tankers going in and out. What your friend can do is talk with a couple of drivers to find out which company is the best. Believe me the drivers know which company is good and which one is bad.

I've always said it's much better to interview face to face in this kind of industry. The companies do a background check that is a lot deeper than most OTR companies. There's more at stake here. So tell him to get all his records together and go to the terminals and ask to see the guy that does the hiring. Just be cautious where you go because the terminals are still a little jumpy.

If your friend has a clean record and a few years experience he'll have a good chance. The only problem is the other drivers that have clean records and are looking for work. If the area is not growing at any large rate then you'll have a industry that's established and if there's an opening he'll have a good shot. If I were him I would start with the best company and work from there. There's great jobs out there you just have to find them. Remember, the better companies hauling petroleum products do not advertise because they have no need. Their turn over rate is low and you'll see a lot of drivers that will retire from their company. So good luck and hit the bricks.

Weeble Kneeble Thanks this.
  6. Weeble Kneeble

Jun 10, 2012
    Rip City
    Thanks for info. He talked to Gemini face to face and was literally a day late (driver just hired the day before) but was told to keep in contact every month. He's in no rush, as he does have a clean record and is financially secure. He's got a couple companies in mind from word of mouth down there (family/friends), just figured I throw this thread out there and see what happened. Worst case, he's in the same boat. Best case, somebody throws out another lead.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.