Tax agency that has experience with truckers?

Discussion in 'Trucker Taxes and Truck Financing' started by John Trollenski, Jan 14, 2016.

1. John Trollenski

John Trollenski Bobtail Member

Nov 4, 2015
    Hello, I am an owner operator and an LLC owner that is need of help finding a reliable tax agency that is willing to help me out with taxes and on legal deductions. I am located in Harrisonburg, Virginia if that helps. Now, I know there are a lot of local ones, but if you somebody can help me find someone who works with truckers and has lots of experience in that field that would be great.

Somewhere local is nice but if it is out of state I don't mind it either. Lastly I would like a real hard worker willing to help as much with deductions rather than someone who would be like "I will help with taxes just to get my job done. That's it.." Just someone who would take an extra step and time to help more with taxes and helping me get as much deductions as possible

Please share your thoughts.

Thank you!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    I go to an agency, which serves over 300 trucking companies, but its in suburb of Detroit

4. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Doesn't matter where they are at, as long as they are good.

AND make sure that they have an EA in staff or are an EA.

5. truckthatpassesyouby

truckthatpassesyouby Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2015
  6. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007
    There are three types of preparers who can fully represent a client in front of the IRS.

1. Enrolled Agent
    2. CPA
    3. Attorney

truckthatpassesyouby Thanks this.
  7. John Trollenski

Nov 4, 2015
    You seem to have experience with these type of agencies. I've been to many as well but from your experience what should I watch out for compared to the ones that aren't familiar with trucking? Like what sets them apart and what key things should I look out for so that I know they are the right one for trucking?

I'd love to know.

Thank you!

8. John Trollenski

Nov 4, 2015
    What would be your definition of good? If you can help me out I'd like to know cause I want to find the right one for me that can help the most with deductions.

Thanks!

9. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    I went to these guys for years for insurance and business tax preparation, before starting trucking. So I just continued going to them, because they sell trucking insurance also and deal with so many small trucking companies on a regular basis. I can't tell you how to pick a good agency and what to look for, I just suggest going somewhere with a recommendation from somebody you know. That's how I usually pick my mechanics and other people I deal with. It has been working good so far

TequilaSunrise and lovespink Thank this.
  10. Moster

Moster Bobtail Member

Feb 6, 2016
    I live in metro detroit area, Whats the company called?

11. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    E & Y insurance agency

Moster Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.