TDI (Truck Driver Institute) .. Forsyth Georgia .. A Review from a Recent Graduate

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by MayhemTrucking, May 8, 2010.

1. Geotrucker

Geotrucker Bobtail Member

Feb 27, 2011
    cumming georgia
    Well Katlaw is $2,795 in Austle Ga and American Driving Force is 2,400 in coleny Ga but they have the oldest beat up trucks ever I have seen.plus they are still to high for my blood,I don"t mind 1k or 1,800 the trucking school in Ga are way to high.If one of the Cdl school would lower the price for class A cdl they would have more butts in thier sets and more profit.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dayzedandconfuzed

dayzedandconfuzed Light Load Member

Jul 6, 2012
    Are those schools approved by the major carriers

4. Geotrucker

Geotrucker Bobtail Member

Feb 27, 2011
    cumming georgia
    Not sure about both of them being carrier approved but they are license by the state of Ga and are listed on the DDS webpage so I would think the carries would take you,But like I said for me this CDL schools I feel here in GA are smoking crack for only 3 weeks training.

5. saiyan1990

saiyan1990 Bobtail Member

Jul 13, 2013
    What drug test they use

6. tmowry1

tmowry1 Light Load Member

Jul 4, 2013
    NE Indiana
    I found this very useful, I'm going to meet with a recruiter at a TDI location up here in Indiana and I'm glad to see they're up front and honest. Thank you OP!

7. travie3000

travie3000 Bobtail Member

Oct 8, 2013
    I went to the tdi school yesterday they had relatively new equipment they keep the class sizes down to about ten people per class and its a relatively small fee. Yes you can go to iter schools that will chargeyou less money but you get old not well kept equipment they only teach you the bear minimum and pack you like sardines into a class room with teachers that couldn't care less if you make it or not. I think I'm going to be attending school therell let everyone know hoew it goes.

grrrrranimal1 Thanks this.
  8. grrrrranimal1

grrrrranimal1 Bobtail Member

Oct 26, 2013
    La Grange, Texas
  9. carcinogenx

carcinogenx Bobtail Member

Sep 16, 2013
    I was glad to see a favorable write-up about this school (even if it is dated) since this forum is the only place I've been able to find any mention of it.
    I've been strongly considering TDI because it's the only one within driving distance. The good news is that the pricing has not changed; $5995 with a loan and $4995 cash upfront. I was told it is a 15 day, 154 hour course with 50 classroom and 104 driving. I assume that a student would only spend a fraction of that time actually driving? Oh, and their new classes start every week.
    There is the Southern Crescent Technical College in nearby Thomaston, GA that charges $1566 for an 8 week program. I could not get any specifics though, except that they don't have another class starting until Jan 6, 2014. I was going to just wait for the local college but I'm going crazy just sitting around aimlessly, so I'm pretty sure I'm going to sign up with TDI in the next few days. If I wait for the college it will be sometime in March of next year before I get my CDL.
    If/when I do attend this school I will post an updated review.

10. grrrrranimal1

grrrrranimal1 Bobtail Member

Oct 26, 2013
    La Grange, Texas
    I appreciate your information. I starting at TDI on Novemeber 18th. I am looking forward to any further information from anyone who has attended their school. I too will give my updates. Thanks again everyone. Kim

11. kbar909

kbar909 Light Load Member

Im making plans to attend TDI in Dallas....looking forward to it.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.