The all new System Transport thread

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by FwL, Sep 15, 2016.

1. FwL

FwL Medium Load Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Sandpoint, ID
    Any current System drivers still active here?

Plenty of new things to discuss:

New dispatch system
    Auto trans trucks
    Pete vs kw
    Coerced per diem pay
    Cameras in trucks
    New fleets

Etc...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TB John

TB John Company Shill of BYOB & CBD

Dec 28, 2008
    Why don't you start off by expressing your views and thoughts about the subjects above.

4. mitmaks

mitmaks Road Train Member

May 16, 2014
    Im current driver and System has been downgrading in the past 2 years Ive been here.

5. w.h.o

w.h.o Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Chicago, il
    So system transport drivers, I got a question for yall, why do you work for a company that has cameras watching you all the time.

*grab popcorn*

6. mitmaks

May 16, 2014
    So far theyre forward facing camera, got cap on drivers side. They said eventually theyll require cap to be off while driving.
    they hire lots of fresh meat aka newbies, so they want to protect themselves in case of accident.

7. FwL

FwL Medium Load Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Sandpoint, ID

They have yet to put a camera on my truck though the shop has had plenty of opportunity.

And as mitmaks stated, at this point there is no camera on the driver.

I'm not sure what I'll do if it comes down to driver facing cameras in the trucks it's not like I have 101 job prospects in my neck of the woods.

8. mitmaks

May 16, 2014
    Thr cameras are not the worst thing about System. Its not getting paid for ALL the miles I drive. Being forced to sit in yard 2-4 days waiting for a load without getting paid a dime for layover/detention.

9. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    What's the new dispatch system? And new fleets?

10. FwL

FwL Medium Load Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Sandpoint, ID

I have to agree with your gripes. Unfortunately those issues seem to be industry wide.

The mileage thing really gets me. It's the worst form of pay structure possible for the work I do and then they figure out ways to screw you on it also.

Now that I'm on a dedicated account I try to just look at it as contract work instead of focussing on the miles. I figure they're gonna pay me x amount to do my run and it's up to me to get the job done or decide it's not worth what they pay me.

I'm pretty much out of the sitting around waiting for a load game... Not that I don't get stuck burning my clock at the shipper once in a while. But I always know what my next load is and when it's supposed to be ready.

11. mitmaks

May 16, 2014
    Would have to disagree, there are better companies out there - which require several years experience and will actually offee better pay to drivers with experience.
    Its sad that so many drivers settle for less than what they deserve. System loves to hire fresh out of school drivers-dont have to pay them much. Just throw them in shiny new automatic truck and send them off to make profits for uncle Willy.

Jubal3 and Pacemaker Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.