The Fuel Hauler Thread

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Cali kid, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Cali kid

Cali kid Road Train Member

Feb 15, 2011
    IE, CA
    What's going on fellas well I can't say specifically how LAT is since I run mainly out of km orange. I have been very busy myself running 5 loads every night for over 2 weeks. As far as United goes we took over a lot of their 76 stations since they don't have the man power after losing a lot of drivers. We also have hired a lot of new drivers for both them and us. One thing is for shure they have a lot of jacked up stations that most our drivers hate but any business is good business, I hope we take them all over lol.

plant Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. plant

plant Heavy Load Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    Yea man I heard some united drivers were let go for not meeting sentinels standards. Sad for them but I'm glad things are on the up and up for you guys.

Do you break shift at LAT?

Cali kid Thanks this.
  4. Cali kid

Feb 15, 2011
    IE, CA
    Yeah some were let go and some quit because of the pay package. Yes we all break shift at LAT shure would be nice to park at orange. I pickup just my first load out of LAT most nights.

plant Thanks this.
  5. plant

plant Heavy Load Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    So is the new package a pay cut across the board or were these the "leisurely" drivers who wouldn't benefit from the 1 cent per gallon incentive? Sucks either way. I've been seeing a lot of new united drivers getting trained at the shell rack.

Cali kid Thanks this.
  6. Cali kid

Feb 15, 2011
    IE, CA
    I believe it was a lot of senior drivers who were milking the OT that left. For many of the rookies it was a pay raise. Of course sentinel is learning that it comes at a price they have been having a lot of problems with guys trying to rush. Supposedly they even had to suspend the incentive because of it but idk how true that is.

plant Thanks this.
  7. GasHauler

GasHauler Master FMCSA Interpreter

Oct 23, 2005
    Vegas/Jersey
    The OT makes sense. I made $20K a year in OT and didn't use it as much as I could. Some of our drivers depended on it and could not work without OT.

plant and Cali kid Thank this.
  8. Cali kid

Feb 15, 2011
    IE, CA
    They should just pay them OT like us since I think they are just asking for a lawsuit like that. On another note we passed 500 posts the other night on this thread. I never thought we would get this much of a conversation going thanks guys.

Air Cooled and plant Thank this.
  9. Air Cooled

Air Cooled Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    Baltimore
    Any if you fellas run near Bakersfield? I'll be bringing a load back tomorrow from down there

10. Cali kid

Feb 15, 2011
    IE, CA
    I wish closest we get is Castaic.

moloko Thanks this.
  11. plant

plant Heavy Load Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    Some of our drivers go to fresno and San Jose to load when LA and Colton prices are way out of wack. But not me personally. I don't miss going over the grapevine at all.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.