The Fuel Hauler Thread

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Cali kid, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    Wonder why the common carrier guys feel the way they do about the major's drivers......

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    There your stations ... Do your own 1000 gals of ulsd....

#too hard #let the hired truck do it

4. GasHauler

GasHauler Master FMCSA Interpreter

Oct 23, 2005
    Vegas/Jersey
    No, the only diesel we had was out of town. Even so we still wouldn't touch the stuff. It's too dirty, getting the hoses all messed up was not for us.

5. GasHauler

GasHauler Master FMCSA Interpreter

Oct 23, 2005
    Vegas/Jersey
    I don't know, ours loved us.

6. plant

plant Heavy Load Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    These days the vinvale drivers haul plenty of diesel, full loads and partial. Mess is not a problem if you have a gas compartment to flush out the hose. Full diesel loads suck because even if you cap the hoses and wipe out the spouts invariably diesel will get on stuff. Thankfully I very rarely get a full diesel load. Thats why I would never work for pilot/loves or any of those truck stop companies.

7. moloko

moloko Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2012
    seattle, wa
    You know, I actually like full loads of diesel. I don't even have to throw down a vapor hose. I just single hose those since my truck is always missing the 2nd set of caps... I think the dayshift guy jacked my cap or something, maybe he has a secret project with them that I don't know about.

8. moloko

moloko Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2012
    seattle, wa
    The good news is, if you drop 1000 gallons of premium into a tank with 1000 gallons of regular, you'd have successfully splash-blended 2000 gallons of midgrade right at the tank. Testing the octane... it sounds like a lot of work. So let me hypothetically ask you, how possible would it be to cross dump like how I described, and not get caught if you didn't report it? You'd get away with it pretty much, right?

9. sprizo

sprizo Light Load Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Las Vegas
    If its raining, always carry a container of baby powder to sprinkle on the stick to get a clear indication.

10. sprizo

sprizo Light Load Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Las Vegas
    I thought this may be of interest to Gashauler........after leaving Las Vegas in 2006 working for Williams Tank Lines, I'll be back in June working for them again running all those Arco and Shell loads. They have a beautiful new facility and yard up on Sloan Rd. I'm sure things have changed a bit since I was there last, but after being away and working in markets that have too many terminals, its going to be sweet to be able to load at Kinder Morgan, and not having to get carded at numerous terminals like I did in Northern California when I was at the Williams Martinez terminal. The only big difference that will be getting used to is they govern the trucks at 57, and they now have active cameras in the cabs facing the driver and the road. I guess no more picking my nose thinking no one is watching.

11. SavageSam

SavageSam Medium Load Member

Feb 7, 2009
    Sprizo, I work for W.T.L. in Fresno. Welcome back bud.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.