The Fuel Hauler Thread

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Cali kid, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Miguel562

Miguel562 Bobtail Member

Feb 27, 2016
    Hey man I love this job. I've been missing out. I've been training since Friday. I'm loading and offloading already. I was at LAT today went smooth all day. One thing I learned though is that there is so many mistakes you can make. I am going to take some time to master this.

plant Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. plant

plant Heavy Load Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    The main thing that will keep you out of trouble later on is focusing on what you're doing. Right now since you're new, everything you do is conscious and calculated. But down the road after you develope a routine you will need to fight the autopilot. I remember one occasion where I had something on my mind and it was really bugging me, next thing I know the entire truck is unloaded. Luckily everything made it in the right place but since then every time I feel my mind drifting off I snap out of it and refocus. Cross dumps and dome outs and transmix are super common and 99% of the time it's an experienced driver on auto pilot.

Miguel562 Thanks this.
  4. plant

plant Heavy Load Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    And I don't know if you've taken the LAT class yet, but if not they should tell you the story of one of their dome outs, a driver loaded the truck, went to a station, didn't unload the truck, went back to LAT with a full truck, and domed out.

moloko and Miguel562 Thank this.
  5. Cali kid

Cali kid Road Train Member

Feb 15, 2011
    IE, CA
    Going on 2nd day of in the field training today. I'll tell you this dropping fuel seems like child's play compared to all the stuff you need to learn for cryogenics lol. Alot of stuff is like fuel though you need to learn a routine and master it, other than that it seems alot less back breaking than fuel. They have some cutting edge accounts too place we went to yesterday belongs to Elon Musk. :Rocket:

moloko and Miguel562 Thank this.
  6. Miguel562

Miguel562 Bobtail Member

Feb 27, 2016
    No I haven't done the class yet. That's crazy I don't know how he let that go by. Yeah man you're right. You have to be focused EVERYTIME.

7. Miguel562

Miguel562 Bobtail Member

Feb 27, 2016
    I like it over here. The other day we did 4 loads in 8 hours. They were short runs but it's cool because you can ask for more and they'll give it to you.

8. plant

plant Heavy Load Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    #### dude you already made the move... major props. Did sentinel offer you anything to stay?

9. Cali kid

Feb 15, 2011
    IE, CA
    No they said we would love for you to come back if it doesn't work?

plant Thanks this.
  10. Cali kid

Feb 15, 2011
    IE, CA
    Are you with Mister Anderson by chance?

11. Miguel562

Miguel562 Bobtail Member

Feb 27, 2016
    No I haven't heard of him. Maybe just haven't met him. Is he a driver or management?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.