The Fuel Hauler Thread

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Cali kid, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Cali kid

Cali kid Road Train Member

Feb 15, 2011
    IE, CA
    Yes sir last word was under 10 out of 50

plant Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. moloko

moloko Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2012
    seattle, wa
    You guys recall how I said I was taking a different job in this business a couple of weeks ago? So the dude training me on my first day, delivers a gas station. I ask him if he does a reconciliation because I noticed he was not doing one. He said no, we don't do that here. The next day, dude delivers a gas station. This guy accidentally retains 1800 gallons of fuel, drives 50 miles to the rack, and loads about 400 gallons of ethanol on top of it. He domes out the compartment and mixes fuel.

The dude then gets really upset and tries to blame me as the "new guy" even though I have experience doing this. The guy starts talking mad #### about me to other drivers at the rack, dispatch, his friends and family on the phone, our "coworkers" at this company, on the phone. All this while he is texting while driving, in Bay Area rush hour stop-and-go traffic. I put up with this for the next 7 hours as we put in a 16 hour day with no lunch break. They tried to tell me to come back to work after 8 or 9 hours. I told them no.

We were at the Shell refinery in the South Bay making our last delivery. The dude left a crossover valve partially open, so for the past 50 miles, gasoline is flowing into the 4000 compartment of pure ethanol. "Okay, we're gonna lie to Shell, " he says, and he has this BOL the dispatch sent him to make it look like we had a full load of ethanol. "We're going to tell them we were having scully issues and that is why the load is short." Long story short, the dude offloads 4000 gallons of an ethanol/gasoline mixture to Shell. He goes in and lies to the operator and told them, we had issues at the rack and could only load 4000 gallons.

This guy tries to get me to sign for the ethanol delivery, because you need 3 loads to get carded there. I told him , #### no I am not signing for that.

We had to get rid of the 2200 gallons of bad blend this guy loaded, so the dispatcher instructed him to offload it at a busy station. "I feel like we are committing fraud," I say, as he is making the delivery of what, 30% ethanol? He laughs and is like, "yeah , we are, because we're gonna figure out a way to bill the customer for this as if it was gasoline only."

We finish out the day with this idiot blasting his mouth off to any listening ear about how "upper management" said I was lucky for not getting fired for this "preventable incident." I told them that doing a basic 1st grade math problem could have prevented their mistake.

Anyways, I think I'm done with this place.

4. SoCal fuel driver

SoCal fuel driver Bobtail Member

Oct 4, 2016
    That's BS, the trainer is always responsible. Doesn't matter how much experience that you have. If this guy is one of their best and is training drivers you need to get out. I've worked in the Bay Area as both a tanker driver and a Manager and this guy training would be gone. If your working with a company like that you are getting a glimps of what you will deal with down the road. Don't let this guy bad mouth you. Go to their management and tell them about this crap. If they continue to back this idiot. I would go to whom ever owns this company and let him know what is going on. Need to protect yourself in this business. Believe it or not every one knows each other.

5. SoCal fuel driver

Oct 4, 2016
    I know most of the companies in the Bay Area to include Managers and drivers. I know you don't want to give out the name, but if you want to PM me I can probable give you some insite on this company and some options for you.

moloko Thanks this.
  6. moloko

moloko Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2012
    seattle, wa
    Thanks man. I sent you a PM on this company. Yeah, their manager was making comments about how I'm lucky to not have been fired for this guy's mistake. Dude is a total crackhead by the way. I think I'm gonna bounce, and when it's all said and done I'm going to put this company's name on full blast.

7. plant

plant Heavy Load Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    Crazy story. Does this company operate in so cal or are they quarantined up there

8. SoCal fuel driver

Oct 4, 2016
    Not in SoCal.

9. SoCal fuel driver

Oct 4, 2016
    Alot of those companies in the Bay Area don't operate in SoCal.

10. Air Cooled

Air Cooled Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    Baltimore
    Run! I think I may have an idea of who you may be talking about. I'll PM ya

moloko Thanks this.
  11. moloko

moloko Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2012
    seattle, wa
    If you're in Monterey, you just might know who I'm talking about.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.