The journey begins - purchased a truck.

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by blairandgretchen, Dec 10, 2014.

1. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    Might want to post this in the "ask an owner operator " section.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. blairandgretchen

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    I've never had a problem with them. I could tell you a story you probably wouldn't believe - but I owe a MO state trooper a LOT!

4. Pelon

Pelon Bobtail Member

Jun 25, 2015
    Ok thanks

5. blairandgretchen

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    image.jpeg

These are brackets that I had made up. KW charged my buddy $75 each, and that was after his mechanics discount. I borrowed one and gave it to my machine shop. $66 for two. Black one is the KW model, aluminum is the fabbed.

They're to hold 'driving' or fog lights. The truck is wired for them, but not installed. Why? My fault.

The truck-lite LED lights put off no heat. There is a heated version, I discovered after my purchase. Winter, ice, glazing. Problem. Diminished projection in inclement weather.I'll install halogen for emergency backup.

image.jpeg

Those familiar with LS know the load alert system. Headed to Michigan, and wanting to head home, I was finding NOTHING. So, I set up a load alert and did something I normally would not - sent them to phone.

Headed up there, a familiar agent's number rang, I answered greeting the agent by name , but it was a recording. Lightbulb went off - the alert calls from the listing agents number, so all you need do is hang up and redial. I did so.

40 miles from delivery and paying twice what the non existent loads from here were. Didn't even ask the rate - and wasn't disappointed.

Load pictures above. Ridiculous light easy load. When I called the agent, I could hear the phone blowing up with incoming calls 30 seconds later. You gotta be quick. Luck was on my side this time. And hopefully a foot in a good door.

6. blairandgretchen

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    image.jpeg

Reason I was in Michigan - to pick up this Honda V twin, because the one I had on my pressure washer put a leg out of bed. New motor, $1300. This one - $650, with 50 hours on it.

image.jpeg

I was going to sell it, I bought it for $3500 and occasionally used it, but discovered to buy this setup new they want $15,000 plus - so I guess I'll fix it.

Dominick253 and Grijon Thank this.
  7. Skate-Board

Skate-Board Road Train Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Merrimack, NH
    Your lucky!!! That load is too good to be true under those circumstances and in my case disappear in the next 15 minutes saying it was cancelled. Ya right!!

8. Terry270

Terry270 Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2014
    BG, KY
    That is a beast of a pressure washer! What psi and gpm is it?

blairandgretchen Thanks this.
  9. blairandgretchen

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    Point of that whole story - the ability of choosing your own work schedule to facilitate the odd requirement.

I spent half the weekend in Alabama with an Aunt on the first trip out - was nice.

Though I had to use a trash cut and paste agent out of FL to get the SC load to MI (( air miles, first load cancelled, CHR cut and paste, runaround pending on TONU for cancelled load - ( had I not rung a day early to check on the shipper, to find CHR had ballsed up and switched shipper and consignee, they'd have been standing there with their Peter in their hands looking like fools, yet they want to pull the "Well the load cancelled more than 24 hours in advance" crap, and not pay TONU)) - I still made it happen.

And this time I promise I'm turning off the load alerts when I get home.

Terry270 Thanks this.
  10. blairandgretchen

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    3500 or 4000 PSI. I think about 6 gpm, not sure. Runs a General pump TS 2021.

Terry270 and tommymonza Thank this.
  11. tommymonza

tommymonza Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    S.W. Florida
    How did you Kill the Honda? Those things are bullet proof.

Good to hear you are doing well. Best of luck Mate.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.