The Old "Metal Polish" Scam

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by RiverOtter, Dec 23, 2009.

1. Lokix

Lokix Light Load Member

Mar 20, 2006
    NW Ohio
    "The Tucson Polisher" sounds like a bad western novel villain!

tucker Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Skillet_okie

Skillet_okie Bobtail Member

Jan 3, 2012
    Ft Bragg, NC
    The best polish i ever used my dad showed me how to make fortunately, i also got the ingredients. NO BAKING SODA, NO WATER, NO ROUGE BARS.. i played with it and tuned it, and now i make the best polish i have ever used... as far as store bought your going to have a hard time beating zeypher...

4. 77bronco

77bronco Bobtail Member

Feb 25, 2014
    I realize this is an old thread, but does your nephew still polish in meadville. I'm restoring an old bronco, and may need wheels polished. I have heard that he does a fantastic job, but can't seem to find any contact info. I wanted to private message his uncle (passin thru) but new members to this forum are not permitted to PM others. Thanks for any help.

5. h11way

h11way Light Load Member

Jun 3, 2012
    midwest
    Duc tape replaced bondo a long time ago.Best scam is 3 card montee.Have never seen the medal polish scam. At one time the union driver's referred to owner-op's as shiney wheels.

6. Fullforce

Fullforce Light Load Member

Feb 2, 2012
    Henderson tn
    I just bought some baking soda and mixed it with water. DOESNT WORK!!! at all, I tried making it thick and pasty, still DOESNT WORK!!
    whats the trick? it wont even mix with water it just completely separates itself after about a minute.
    Ive got some mothers polish (exspensive) and it worked like a charm on a small spot (turned black wiped it off and shining like new)
    The baking soda/water just slings right off the pad and doesnt polish ANYTHING. lol

maybe i got the wrong kind of baking soda?

7. Starboyjim

Starboyjim Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Weed, CA
    So you buy a green bar, and a white bar, makes about 8 bottles? Not bad for price. This will produce nice, chrome-shiny wheels?

8. Daniels shine & drive

Daniels shine & drive Bobtail Member

Dec 3, 2015
    I'm a truck detailer in south ga. And North fla. Area and I use the mineral spirits and rouge mixture any thing else is a waste of time when polishing.

9. TruckerTO

TruckerTO Bobtail Member

May 25, 2016
    What is this mixture?

10. stacks

stacks Road Train Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Emerald Isle
    Puyallup Washington state it's a loves truckstop if I'm not mistaken there used to always be an East Indian guy there doing the same scam .

11. EverLuc

EverLuc Light Load Member

Feb 18, 2013
    Ihave done this with a blue bar. It does not seem to cut those deep white deposits in the aluminum. Then, say when it does get deep into the aluminum and u go to buff it, good grief is it about a pain to finally get all of the residue off. What gives?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.