The Perfect Lease Purchase Contract!

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by SheepDog, Dec 16, 2013.

1. kevc55

kevc55 Light Load Member

Nov 17, 2015
    Sign me up!## That is as long as you don't treat me like a retard and don't think I'm responsible enough to run the speed limit in all 48 states.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SheepDog

SheepDog Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sand Lake, MI
    Thank you for your service as well brother...ESSAYONS...HOOAH!!!

4. Gregor65

Gregor65 Light Load Member

May 29, 2012
    Sioux Falls SD
    My L/P is pretty good. TEL leasing. The carriers credit not mine (although mine is 750). 600/week new volvo 780. 600/month for insurance and permits so..... 750/ week fixed costs plus .06 tires/oil/maintenance 500m warranty. On 3000 mi/week looks like this
    Revenue at 1.50/mile= 4500.00
    Minus fixed costs -750.00
    Minus maintenance -180.00
    Minus fuel/def @7mpg-1100.00
    NET to truck 2470.00
    Now figure 35% for self employment taxes and income taxes
    NET LAY IT ON THE TABLE FOR MOMMA:$1,605

Try to give her 800 and keep the rest in reserve
    NEEDED TRICK: drive 3000/week/52 weeks. Only tough guys need apply. I ran my own construction business for 35 years so I have a pretty good handle on figuring costs.

Why in my case a L/P? WALK AWAY!!!!! I don't want my widow to be stuck with an unpaid for truck after the big heart attack. Make sense?

TheDudeAbides and mqc1298 Thank this.
  5. Mulholland316

Mulholland316 Light Load Member

Sep 19, 2015
    Knoxville TN
    I got something 625$. Week truck payment
    No forced maint*
    Lease company is separate from actual company the freight is with
    The company I run freight with is 1.19 all miles no matter what're 180$ for short hauls anything under 50 miles, you pick homtime aberage length of haul 1800 miles some trips even 2700 miles fuel on a 5800 miles week cost me 600$ after company discounts I made 4800$ on 5800 mile week, actual take home after fuel an expense, this is a team truck bear in mind. But still it's a 2017 kentworth t680 MPg7.6-8.2
    No loads over 30k pounds, 85% drop an hook detention pay after 1 HR 30$ HR no maximum of driver assist with unloading 50$ an HR, of driver unloads on his own 150$ $ HR.
    Have a 20,000 mile a month anything over 20,000 miles pays .10 cpm into my balloon payment at the end payment is 2500$ a month, just started 1 month ago, an have 3 months worth of payments already paid .

6. Mulholland316

Sep 19, 2015
    Knoxville TN
    - no trailer fee fixed cost for running under the carrier is 233$ a week.

7. Mulholland316

Sep 19, 2015
    Knoxville TN
    That's my bob tail, physical damage etc...

8. JJDrivesOTR

JJDrivesOTR Light Load Member

Jul 15, 2016
    Sheepdog,
    I have been in trucking for about five years, active for three out of the last five. I had to come off the road and am now getting back to it.

I looked at many lease programs and what I found was that most were just that, a lease or aka, rent the truck and bail us out of our costs to operate.

I found what I was looking for with Western Express. The lease is a lease to own program. The trucks are 2016 Freightliner Cascadia or Volvos. In the Flatbed division, its the Cascadias. The payments are $980.00 a week and this is all inclusive. It includes everything except fuel, tires and a few other things that a driver in that capacity should expect to pay. It also includes plates and permits, etc.

Freight rates are either $1.05, $1.85 or $3.00 a mile. I can live with either of these. For me, this program works, many will knock it but I don't base my life off what others say, since most I will never know or cross paths with.

mqc1298, popcorn169 and fargonaz Thank this.
  9. Madmax7467

Madmax7467 Bobtail Member

Dec 9, 2018
    What company are you driving for????

10. SheepDog

SheepDog Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sand Lake, MI
    I started a l/p with $1 buy out at the end. 3 years to pay off and started with Truck June 2014. Acquired 48' step 6 mo's later and added that to the l/p. $135,000 pay off and only 6% on trlr purchase. I was doing just fine, broke most of the weeks but was able to pay all bill's on time. August 2016 company called me and said they were shutting the doors, and to brink truck back. Trucking life was over for me than, I hung up my hat. that was the last straw, trucking didn't want me and I was tired of fighting.

Fast ahead to now, and I have a paid for 1984 International COE 9670 LE sitting in my yard being built as we speak. This time, I will have a paid for truck, paid for trailer and my own fricken authority. I did my L/P with a mom and pop outfit, only 5 trucks. It was a great deal and was working but, when they closed the doors my truck went with them, that sucked. But, now I look back and I would have just leased that truck on with a company and someone to drive it, no elogs for me please. Can not stand all the control that is being pushed down on us drivers.

Anyway, don't do a L/P unless it is your last option and do it with a mom and pop if you can.

James j Thanks this.
  11. truckerjosh2011

truckerjosh2011 Bobtail Member

Mar 28, 2014
    Let’s look at a carriers perspective who offers lease purchase options.

1. They pay the same fixed cost you will as a LP.

2. They pay the same fuel

3. They pay the same lease or payments if it’s a company truck.

4. They pay for the same maintenance.

5. They pay for the trailers/maintenance etc.

How does a carrier survive????

A LOT more trucks to do it with.

We all know freight moves at different rates; ie: east cost/west cost and vice versa but imagine if you had 10 trucks not 1. Strength in numbers. Say you have 3 trucks moving not so great paying freight and 7 that hit a grand slam, you have constant revenue coming in. Pay them .40 cpm and you still make enough as a carrier to show growth. Anyone who has done LP knows you have good weeks and bad weeks, there is virtually no consistency in the freight market, even if you own the truck which is WAY better than having that added expense your still going to have off weeks.

My first thought about LP is whether or not they let you lease multiple trucks. If they do, then you can progress forward with your own drivers and LLC and run under their authority. Also the freight, how consistent is it? What is their ratio of LTL. LTL will typically save money and still pay decent.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.