The Prime Flatbed Thread

Discussion in 'Prime' started by McCauley, Feb 6, 2015.

1. Tonitos

Tonitos Light Load Member

May 17, 2015
    Philadelphia, PA
    How often does prime FB drivers run Canada? Average miles? Tarp pay?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jmadd

jmadd Bobtail Member

Dec 21, 2014
    10 months, no Greater Alaska loads yet, 2500-3000 a week and 50.00 minimum.

Tonitos Thanks this.
  4. n3ss

n3ss Heavy Load Member

Nov 4, 2013
    Guess that's a no on the Canada thing? asking for a friend, i swear.

5. Tonitos

Tonitos Light Load Member

May 17, 2015
    Philadelphia, PA
    No ine confirmed it but if your friend is interested on flatbeds then there's great threads here that gives you good companies

6. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    Another nice thing about the old trailers that had the axles set forward was less risk of damage from blowouts...

IMAG0632.jpg

I get a blowout once a year it seems... under 90 degrees out and under 60mph when they go. They aren't low on air and I can put my hand comfortably on the tire as soon as I pull over. What a waste of time.

7. n3ss

n3ss Heavy Load Member

Nov 4, 2013
    I belive with the old trailers you could get more winches towards the back.. handy for pipe loads.

8. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    IMAG0683.jpg

Coils on a step are usually loaded too far back so the spread gets really heavy. They look a the center light and use that as center and put the heavy stuff behind that thinking a spread can handle it. It can, but just barely, and it becomes a pain to drag around. Or if your heading somewhere with a shorter kingpin to rear axle law you might have to run it tandem.

The 2nd stake pocket in front of the light would be good to use as a center point. This load was 43k and had the more heavy stuff in the front which put the drives at 33k. Just to give an idea as to how far you can load forward on a step.

9. #KeepPounding!

#KeepPounding! Light Load Member

May 31, 2016
    Charlotte
    So are you guys making any money over there on the Flatbed side still? I ran into a guy that said rates had dropped lately and that it wasn't the best deal anymore for the truck payment you're faced with at the end of every week. I live in Charlotte and have heard someone mention a dedicated account out of here for flatbed. Anybody have any current information on that or just lease purchase flatbed pay in general?

10. unholy7

unholy7 Light Load Member

Jul 31, 2014
    dont not let this thread die! save it!

11. unholy7

unholy7 Light Load Member

Jul 31, 2014
    I've looked everywhere for this little bit of info, but what exactly does prime issue flatbed drivers? i know you get chains, tarps, and a choice between ratchet and snap binders what else do they issue you?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.