The things we see on the road

Discussion in 'Road Stories' started by mandalorekiller, Oct 6, 2014.

1. tnscavenger

tnscavenger Light Load Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Maynardville, TN
    Earlier this month I was driving east on I-80 in Ohio somewhere between the Indiana line and Toledo. Drivers were talking about a wreck on my side a few miles ahead of me on ch 19. Said a motorist was struck and killed by another vehicle while attempting to change a flat tire. So when got to the sene I looked to the right shoulder and saw a car on a jack and a tire laying just behind it. But just in front of the car was a small pile of bloody human remains. My eyes fixed on that just long enough to notice that they were glistening in the morning sun light. A wave of shock came over me, OMG did I really just see that?! This must have happened not long before I passed by because the Highway Patrol was there placing small numbered tags on the ground like a crime sene. It took me a few hours to get over that.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2015
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dye Guardian

Dye Guardian Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2015
    North
    Today I saw a pickup truck pull his 15 foot boat trailer right into a concrete block on the side of the road (making a right turn in front of a road closed for construction). Not only that but he completely obliterated a construction cone or two that were sitting in front of it. He had to back up to get his trailer wheels away from the block. Then he pulls wider and gets it around, and what do you know... He's dragging one of the construction cones underneath his trailer.

Funny how some people have such issues with small trailers. ;) ;)

Seriously though, some people are flat out unsafe pulling a trailer. That could have been a pedestrian standing at a crosswalk.

4. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Earlier this summer I was westbound on highway 16 outside of Edmonton, AB. Looked over to the eastbound side and saw a little Chevy Aveo pulling what I estimate to be a 12' (possibly 14') long enclosed cargo trailer. I'm suprised he didn't tear the ### end of the car up it was riding so low. Even empty that trailer weighs close to 2000 lbs.

5. Tonitos

Tonitos Light Load Member

May 17, 2015
    Philadelphia, PA
    A lot lizard holding on the a trailer locking bars for dear life because a driver "forgot" to pay

6. Blackshack46

Blackshack46 Road Train Member

Yup, your going to be a great driver with that truck stop counter story. I almost had to make a pot of coffee to read that.... And I'm home hahahah

7. Dye Guardian

Dye Guardian Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2015
    North
  8. Thatsme

Thatsme Bobtail Member

Nov 20, 2013
    Kansas
    Driving the Kansas turnpike with a set of triples, my running mate just ahead of me pulling double 53'. We are driving west just on the east side of Lawrence and a deer retries to run under his first trailer then another tried to get through his second trailer both were destroyed! I was thinking holy #### and then the third ran out and took out my bumper radiator and a head light. Just another night on the turnpike during the rut!

9. grumpygor

grumpygor Bobtail Member

Apr 23, 2017
    British Columbia
    Coming into Idaho out of Washington I could see a shower of sparks ahead of me. It was a guy going down the road with a trailer with no tires, just 8 steel wheels destroying themselves. I passed him and went into the old Stinker station and went to bed, just turned off the lights when he drove by still beating down the interstate.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.