The truth about trucking....

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Sthornton31, Sep 6, 2016.

1. Sthornton31

Sthornton31 Bobtail Member

Sep 6, 2016
    Brothers and sisters, my name is Stephen and I have been driving for nearly 6 years. I have unfortunately had several different trucking jobs from company driver to owner operator. Today, I want to tell you the truth about trucking. If you are a new driver please, please research the company you want to work for okay. These companies will tell you what you want to hear to get you there and then switch the whole game up on you. Either, the pay will not be right, the loads won't be there, or they cannot get you home as discussed....I tried to go a step further and lease a truck. I was 26 months into my lease when all the bull #### started. I wasn't the only one getting screwed over but a few other Truckers I know did and even some of my friends also. These companies I speak of are companies like Celadon, Mercer, Roehl, CRST Malone, Heartland Express, and many many more. They know that because drivers are a dime a dozen, they can afford for you to quit whenever thinks don't go right for you. If you piss them off, they will get you away from your home and leave you there. Taking their sweet time getting you information needed or pay, etc...if you owe them money they are snatching it out and if they owe you money they have 30-90 days to pay you after they have ran up your charges. I am here to inform you that the trucking industry doesn't have your interest in mind...they do not care if your family eats, has a roof over your head or nothing...as long as you move their freight and make them money....this is the newest form of Slavery. Work for me you'll get $1,000 per week....then after expenses and all you receive a $150 check. Then they want to blame it on the driver like you are not doing anything right. I ask all my fellow drivers who have been burned by these companies, please share your story on this thread, so that all of us can get the truth about trucking out....if it was up to me, I would find a way to punish them but we cannot because what one driver won't do....1,000 other ones will. I hope we all learn from these mistakes because when i get home, I am taking CDLs off my license. I would rather shovel horse #### then to drive for another company. At least I will be home and get a check....

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cali kid

Cali kid Road Train Member

Feb 15, 2011
    IE, CA
    Well you did stick with mostly mega carriers so you got mega bs results.

#1don, MissSJ, justcarhaulin and 21 others Thank this.
  4. Zander

Zander Light Load Member

Dec 5, 2015
    I don't blame you

5. FLYMIKEXL

FLYMIKEXL Medium Load Member

Sorry for your horrible experiences but who were you driving for? Have you tried other good reputable trucking companies or maybe tried local. Maybe you need a break from trucking take some time off a year or so... Whatever you decide hopefully it works out for you and your family

6. sliver

sliver Light Load Member

Feb 17, 2015
    idaho
    Megas megas megas. Lease purchase poor me.

7. Puppage

Puppage Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Connecticut
    I wish you all the best.

MissSJ, Sthornton31 and FLYMIKEXL Thank this.
  8. thelushlarry

thelushlarry Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2012
    glasgow ky
    There is no place for the truth in trucking!:biggrin_25513:

jeff18, MissSJ, Sthornton31 and 8 others Thank this.
  9. truckthatpassesyouby

truckthatpassesyouby Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2015
    Ok have fun with that.

10. Cali kid

Cali kid Road Train Member

Feb 15, 2011
    IE, CA
    Yall cold blooded lol just like this industry.

johnwayne187, MissSJ, MereBear and 2 others Thank this.
  11. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Mercer is all owner operators, why are they on the list?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.