The truth about trucking....

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Sthornton31, Sep 6, 2016.

1. The Patriot

The Patriot Heavy Load Member

Oct 9, 2014
    Greenville,Ohio
    You hit the nail on the head!
    Another thing I love...is how these companies always have 'driver appreciation day' where the office staff always gets a great lunch/dinner/bonus and the drivers...if they are lucky...gets a key chain or some other crap they dig up in recruiting. If not for drivers all the bums would be out of jobs... I will trash megas and those who drive for them any chance I get. Sure the megas are to fault but they would go bye bye if these dumb idiots would not work for them.
    I would give a few other actually GOOD companies a try...yes they are out there...both union and non union.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 51.50

51.50 Heavy Load Member

Jan 20, 2016
    Salem Oregon
    I have to laugh to myself when I see drivers complaing about hiring on to a company and not getting a new truck. The drivers already working for the company will get the newest/best trucks. As a new driver, the company doesn't know if you will be a good addition to the team. The new driver will likely get a second tier truck to start. You have to prove yourself, work for the company, not against it. Your perseverance will be rewarded eventually--be patient. You probably would not believe me if I told you how things were not that many years ago.

Sthornton31 and gntorres61 Thank this.
  4. White Dog

White Dog Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    LOL! Not sure I even ever got a key chain...because I would be hundreds of miles away from the terminal doing my job, so the company can pay for that food to feed the office staff.
    "Driver Appreciation" has ALWAYS been a freaking joke. Truck stops might give you a hotdog and can coozie if you show up at the right time on the right day...but companies always hold these things when the driver is actually working or at home.

5. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    We had one knucklehead here a few years back demanding a new truck after 6 months.

6. Hoodoo Voodoo

Hoodoo Voodoo Medium Load Member

I'm reading these comments on this thread and I know they were posted a few weeks ago and it's all the same reads on every site every form guys hard working guys #####in about what companies have done to them how they have stolen bonus pay and lost wages
    " oh I broke down and I sat for 32 hours"
    I say get over it ! Come on guys it's us that truly control the outcome of a company's status. The dm's f@#%@# with you push back. What I'm getting at is there needs to be away to organize a nationwide shut down of all trucks but it needs to be set up far enough out (two months) so that these pencil pushing pricks hear about it . So our attitudes should be " if they don't start treating drivers all drivers with some appreciation and stop taking bread off our tables than this is what's going to happen " SHUT DOWN!!!!!!! That my brothers and sisters would bring a lot of attention to what's really going on .... Or you can just get in touch with the better business bureau but that won't be as fun

Sthornton31 and superflow Thank this.
  7. 51.50

51.50 Heavy Load Member

Jan 20, 2016
    Salem Oregon
    There are too many truckers that can not afford to shut down. Especially independent truckers. I think the industry is in transition now. So many drivers have left the industry that a shortage exists now. Many will train, get their CDL then leave when they find you earn less than mimim wage when you count all the unpaid hours used / wasted and compare to the amount you actually earn. With all the tracking available t companies, it is time drivers are paid hourly. Start your 14 on the clock until you park for your 10 hour break. It will happen. Eventually.

Sthornton31 and Midnightrider909 Thank this.
  8. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Well, it would seem that we have found a leader to organize the shutdown.

what next, Kimosabe?

9. Hoodoo Voodoo

Hoodoo Voodoo Medium Load Member

In response to having a nationwide shut down I'm not saying that it would have to be for any length of time I just think if the office folks knew that it could happen and would happen if they don't right there wrongs. It's just like the playground bullies in grade school as long as there taking (pay checks) there gonna keep taking until something is done. These guys aren't going to just wake up one morning and say to them selves " I've been being a real d@#%head by shorting payments and screwing with drivers because my life sucks so I have to take it out on someone, well no more I'm done doing that to drivers " We just need to flex our mussels a little that's all it really doesn't have to happen (shut down) just the threat that it could

Sthornton31 Thanks this.
  10. superflow

superflow Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2014
    Hey mad monkey...
    Alot of new drivers don't even know what deregulation is , this is what destroyed the trucking industry
    The rates were pretty much set in stone at one time in this industry , the frt was regulated and we all made a decent wage doing what we do
    But they deregulated the freight for the sake of capitalism which made our industry a free-market
    ...( Whoever could bid the lowest rates would get the load )
    And now we are seeing what this has become , it's plain to see our nation has a greed problem and we are willing to do away with things like having honor, family values good morals, integrity, and many other things that we have stood on as solid ground
    .... Surely we are on the road to destruction and I'm not sure we can stop this but I do know that if drivers across this nation would stick together , we DO have the negotiation power to repeal deregulation of our jobs ..... But the biggest problem with that is all drivers are stuck in their own little bubble and won't stand up together to get this done

11. superflow

superflow Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2014
    Hmmm... Does he mean muscles ?
    ... I guess so , what should do with him if he continues with this bad grammar?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2016
    Reason for edit: Quote removed
    Sthornton31 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.