The truth about watkins, my expierence

Discussion in 'Watkins & Shepard' started by keepatrukin, Jun 5, 2014.

1. JoeyBowman

JoeyBowman Medium Load Member

Jul 21, 2012
    NC
    OPs post is very similar to an experience that a friend of mine had when he went to WS straight out of CDL school here in the foothills of NC. (in 2010)

Pretty pathetic, hearing him talk about it and reading stories like this makes me shake my head.

blairandgretchen and TruckDuo Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JohnstonCountyTrash

JohnstonCountyTrash Bobtail Member

Sep 29, 2014
    JoCo, NC
    My wife and I team, we just stepped off the W S fairy tail and every single word the truth if it ever were told!!! Loved the part about being gone from home and nothing to show for it when you finally get there, was totally our experience as well. Dispatch definitely rode the short bus and I loved just yanking them around after first 60 days and i was making $2 an hour and staying out 6 weeks at a time, I think the main reason they retain some drivers simply because you have to actually shoot someone to get fired, and the others just have no clue they've been had

blairandgretchen Thanks this.
  4. JohnstonCountyTrash

Sep 29, 2014
    JoCo, NC
    Have you gotten a Watkins and Shepard tattoo or something???

5. wd40

wd40 Light Load Member

Nov 8, 2013
    I got a hat, but won't wear it.

6. TruckDuo

TruckDuo Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    #### Watkins & Shepard ! May They Burn In Hell

7. wd40

wd40 Light Load Member

Nov 8, 2013
    I didn't get a tattoo on my butt, but I still got a sore tail end....

8. Brandson

Brandson Medium Load Member

Dec 14, 2013
    So, if you're going to WS, lube up first, cause they're gonna bend you over, haha.

9. JohnstonCountyTrash

Sep 29, 2014
    JoCo, NC
    HaHa Thats funny, I actually wore that hat till somewhere in Ohio early one morning in week ten, when it dawned on me that Steven's little orientation speech about teams drop and hook and drive 30,000 miles a month was an auditory hallucination, and frisbee tossed that sucker out the window. wd40 thanks for the PM but i have a restricted ability to send pm's at the moment; am hesitant to post my email here, but am dying for any and all info on where teams find a happy face, thanxs in advance, oh and we are Michael and Lisa by the way

10. jungledrums

jungledrums Heavy Load Member

Oct 28, 2013
    Tennessee
    We realized around week 10 that we were
    idiots for believing that WS had special "team dispatch"as they advertise on their website. They don't have a clue how to run teams.

11. TruckDuo

TruckDuo Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Come on over to US Xpress, it's a great team company. We helped wd40 & Jungle Drums get on Ceva dedicated which is awesome because it has a 4700 mile per week guarantee. You'll love that guarantee in the wintertime. Due to weather you'll usually only do 2500 miles but still get paid for 4700 at 50cpm

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.