The website is a real Godsend for new drivers like me

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by Teach, May 17, 2015.

1. Teach

Teach Bobtail Member

May 15, 2015
    Oklahoma
    I just wanted to say thanks to all the people posting information about the job, companies, etc here in these forums. I am planning to start my driving career in the next few weeks and it has really helped me make an informed decision reading through all the past threads.

I also want to say that I had no idea truck drivers were so clever, witty, and sarcastically funny. The forums are full of hilarious one liners pretending to be advice like this from silenteagle on the "New to Prime INC" thread. Underlined for emphasis:

3: You are still being interviewed, so take a shower. Brush your teeth. Shave. Your PSD Instructor should be able to provide showers for you at the truckstops. They get a shower credit at most truckstops with every 50 gallons of fuel. Team showers don't mean that you shower with him/her, but that you get two showers for one shower credit.

Team showers. You just know some company somewhere has probably run the numbers on this for water/cost savings...

Anyways, huge props for all the info and friendly advice. I will be sure and contribute in kind once I get out there and have something to add to the conversation.

Thanks again!

king Q, d o g, scottied67 and 2 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Wild Murphy

Wild Murphy HAPPY TRUCK DRIVER

Mar 25, 2014
    I agree. This site has helped me find school, then my first job, and now becoming an o/o. Great resource. My family lives better now and this site gets a lot of that credit. The information from drivers is incredible. This is a great group of people. @tucker is ok.

Last edited: May 17, 2015
    d o g Thanks this.
  4. Dodgeman

Dodgeman Light Load Member

May 18, 2012
    Northeast Pa.
    I come here every night to read stuff. I've been in and out pf trucking for just a few years, but every time I start a different job I realize how much I miss driving. Getting tired of the local gigs and their BS so I'm thinking of doing a bit of OTR or regional.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.