The WORST Shippers and Receivers - Truckers WILL NOT Buy Their Products!

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by WiseOne, Dec 16, 2006.

1. 6wheeler

6wheeler Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Steel Dynamics, Roanoke, VA.

I think anyone can agree that has been there before. They have the worst attitude towards drivers than any other place. And expect long waits for loading. Every time I come here they are short on help, and always new at the job.

stayinback Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. stayinback

stayinback Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2014
    chicago,il
    I like the SDI plant in Butler,IN..

Great operation there..In and out Chained and tarped in an hour..Every Time.

4. Bean Jr.

Bean Jr. Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2014
    SDI in Columbia City is about the same. Just a hair longer.

5. desperado75

desperado75 Medium Load Member

Nov 25, 2012
    allentown,pa
    I drove for them in 05-06 got paid by the hour they treated their drivers good but now it is all jb hunt..

6. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Worst shipper and reciever.... That's like handing me a million dollars and asking me to buy a mall. Which should I choose? Let me think on that a bit.

Worst shipper.

Rochester New York. Guiness Ale. The shipper Ive dealt with several times over 31 years on the road. The problem is this. It's his personal Irishman Predjudiced against anyone who do not agree or love his views regarding the Revolt against the British occupation of Ireland in those days. I knew nothing about that stuff and as a Anglo German I walked into a snake pit and got bit verbally.

I have refused shipping from there several times. But FFE sent me and wife to get it and I took it to teach wife what a bullpen they keep and what it matters to people who are Irish. The prositute showed up and she was pretty good looking who then asked if I wanted some company. The cab window was open and I said to prositutue that my marine wife heard you and she needs to take off. So all I saw was her feet a block down. Then it took some time to soothe now angry wife who wants blood. She was warned about this before.

The load as luck would have it required me to go into Arkansas somewhere I don't remember, Irishman apparently did not remember me until I opened my mouth asking for the bills of lading, WHO the *(*&*^ are you... wait a minute you are that little *&^ 30 years ago omg I remember your deaf ###. Arkaansas hillbilly.

I took the papers, took the trailer and took off before I lost self control by then I had been hardened by abuse physical or otherwise in some tough areas and it was really, really tempting to explode on his irish ###.

The Irish in general is not my issue. Its this particular sumgun. It's a shame that he will still load trailers 20 years after im gone sitting on his now historical high horse... to anyone stupid enough to listen to him.

Ive had other bad shippers. But always came back to this one in particular. Hunts Point is a EASY time because I did not know better and made it my home with friends everywhere but NY? They can keep him.

Worst Receiver.

Any Associated Grocery Union Based Facility, I think if I had to choose it will be St Louis at night for east st louis before you reach the river for Illinois downtown. The threat level in them days was extremely high. It was one of the few times I had a 7 inch buck special on my belt open carry ready for anyone in arms length as cold predatory eyes evaluated my skinny ###. This was at night. All bets were off. Life is cheap there.

Im glad St Louis exploded in violence when they did a year or so ago. Maybe they can kill each other off. Makes Chicago look like a scout camp.

lagbrosdetmi Thanks this.
  7. Jacoooooooo

Jacoooooooo Heavy Load Member

Oct 20, 2013
    Shearer's Foods in Lubbock, TX. Arrived at 11:51 for a noon appointment. Asked me to drop a trailer and park outside. I had a good wiev of a trailer. They haven't touched it for 2.5h (light still green since I dropped it). Called them and I was told in a rude way, that I was 5 min late (I was not andd nobody broad that up when I arrived). Another 1.5h, called them again, now my check in time in their records changed to 12:40, told me that I can either take the trailer and leave or wait. Both times they hang up on me. 16:30 flipped the light red. Mind you, they load non-paletized boxes taking up all the trailer's space. It takes up to 4h from start, and they already let me understund that they will do whatever they can to make me sit as long as they can. Why places like this exist? I really run my ### off to get here on time after 5h unload at Walmart DC in Plainwiew TX. I truly hate the players, not the game in this particular case. People like this should burn in hell, I don't understand all this hate towards us.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
  8. passingthru69

passingthru69 Road Train Member

I would of hooked back up, told them to pack sand and find another load...

thejackal Thanks this.
  9. Jacoooooooo

Jacoooooooo Heavy Load Member

Oct 20, 2013
    I really wanted to do this, but guess my company got paid well for this load, bc they told me to wait anyways and agreed to pay detention, even though I assured them, there will be no detention pay from the broker, bc my time in will be false, which it was. They put 12:40, and asked me to sign it, LOL. I only wrote a statement, that I do not agree with their time and put my real time in instead. But ya know, it's truckers word against their word, and we all know truckers word aint worth ####. Though I have proof, like time stamped video from my truck's dash cam or my phone log - the check in was over the phone. Don't think my company will be willing to fight for it anyways.

passingthru69 and Bean Jr. Thank this.
  10. vlasktom

vlasktom Bobtail Member

Apr 11, 2013
    Indiana
    Arrow Container in Indianapolis. These guys have the WORST attitude towards truckers ever. The shipping manager tells me that he "has no control over the trailers and has no idea which ones are empty or loaded."

I work for a pallet recycler and I'm up there about 3 times a week for a drop and hook. I take a load up there and get an empty back. But here recently, I've found several of my companies trailers loaded with boxes to be shipped. Which tells me they're using our trailers for their product. I've gone all the way up the ladder about it, and I've been offered the shipping manager job many times because of it.

I digress, bad place. Needs to be totally redone.

11. Slipnsyde

Slipnsyde Bobtail Member

Aug 21, 2016
    Peyton's in cleveland, tn..

I had an appt for 1:00am monday mouring..back in 1994 around the time dr. Dre dropped the chronic album..and iam still at the dock waiting for them to finish unloading me....:(

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.