The WORST Shippers and Receivers - Truckers WILL NOT Buy Their Products!

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by WiseOne, Dec 16, 2006.

1. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    As much as I hate to disagree with our founder, I do like Food Lion's store brand protein bars. They're bigger and taste better than the ones from Special K.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Stress Inducer

Stress Inducer Bobtail Member

Dec 13, 2015
    Been dealing with this place for the last 20 years. Never go there when its raining. The line moves along until a rookie or out of shape hand starts scratching there #ss and spending an hour trying to cover the steel inside. I have helped many a driver get it covered if I am inside and get them out of the way while other drivers stand around complaining. Covering the load takes 5 minutes or less then finish up outside.

4. Stress Inducer

Dec 13, 2015
    Steel Dynamics hired a new shipping manager last year. He decides the whole computer system and labeling process among other procedures needed to change. That caused major delays for 6 months. I have shuttled many loads out of there and they have good days and bad my experience is mostly good. But boy when things screw up it can be bad. It really depends on which shift you are dealing with. A lot of the older guys scanning the steel are from there company fleet trucks that got shut down and want the process to move along. When the crane operators move a bundle of steel to get one under it they are supposed to put it back. This rarely happens causing long searches for lost bundles and is usually why you roll up in there and see a long line of trucks if its not raining.

5. Stress Inducer

Dec 13, 2015
    As far as attitude goes they deal with 8 to10 trucks an hour when things are running smooth. They have no tolerance for stupid. If you don't speak English,if you show up in pajamas and flip flops or just have a chip on your shoulder your going to get major attitude. A driver one night was at the scale house and was told he had to put on some work clothes ( jeans,boots). This IDIOT ROLLS on in the loading bay and you guessed it jumps out in his pajamas and flip flops!!!! They backed him out and had him go to the end of the line (3 trucks behind me) and put some work clothes on. And yes I have seen mohamad roll in there couldn't speak a lick of English and they just told him to leave after a futile attempt to get the load information.

6. Stress Inducer

Dec 13, 2015
    Going in at night or early AM is best. When I shuttle loads out of there I do 4 a night and 98% of the time 4 hours and done. Our warehouse is 3 miles away. I can check in get loaded tarp that load like a Christmas present and check out in 20 minutes flat. Drop that trailer at the yard grab another REPEAT. Not bad for a 50 year old company hand. If on that rare night I do spend 6 - 8 or even 12 hours the load pay is so high it does not matter. It is one of our favorite runs.

7. 6wheeler

6wheeler Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2009
    I don't think that place has ever done 8 to 10 trucks in an hour ever. I've been going there for the past 7 years and they might do 8 to 10 trucks in 2 or 3 hours on a good day.
    Drivers are told to leave the property of there more than 15 minutes early, and to reschedule for another appointment if more than 15 minutes late, sometimes the next day for pick up.
    They will call the police on drivers of they park there, and they have the room, I'm not talking about the driveway.
    The shipping crew talks down to drivers, makes rude and smart remarks. "Pull up, can't you hear." Get out and put the dunnage on your trailer" Im not talking about the 6 boards already on the trailer either. Scale house makes smart remarks to drivers as if they dumb, by telling them not to use the radio when leaving on pulling up on the scales.

They get the #1 spot for the worse place for a driver to go.

Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  8. Stress Inducer

Dec 13, 2015
    Yeah they can and do load trucks that fast. And yes there treatment of drivers can be bad until they get to know you. I notice that the drivers for mega companies get the worse treatment. And if they allowed every truck to park in the lot overnight it would fill up quickly and you couldn't move. They treated me like a nobody the first few times I went in there. I just smiled let it roll off my back and proved to them I knew what the hell I was doing and before long I was treated with respect. I don't condone there behavior but it is what it is. Like I said nights and early AM is the best time to go there and don't even think about going there in the rain.

9. Anonymousproxy

Anonymousproxy Road Train Member

Mar 2, 2015
    The kens in Las Vegas NV isn't much better... was put on a very tight load going to Northern California only to be told my appointment was at 11 am, not 9,,, shopping clerk was a total #####.

10. KIDSUSUKI

KIDSUSUKI Bobtail Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Giant Eagle Beechnut Dr, Pittsburgh, Pa. AKA OK Grocery. Arrive 6:30am, docked 7:30am and still docked at 3:21pm.. They suck!!!!. There reasoning is that they don't have room to unload the product. They they have to count each item. WHAT!!!!! does that got to do with drivers. Unlaod it and count on your own TIME.!!!!

WHY do we LET THEM KEEP DOING THIS????? Is there anyone (organization) looking into this?

11. street beater

street beater Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2014
    cold as hell, MN
    Ahh the glory of J.I.T. you sir, are a rolling warehouse. And that wont change.

jbatmick Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.