Things that go "bump" in the night!

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by JustSonny, Feb 24, 2010.

1. CertifiedSweetie

CertifiedSweetie Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2008
    Pittsburgh,Pa
    I remember I was at a flying j somewhere in Texas and it was about 1am and this kit lizard knocked on my door. Well I had just gotten this 1 year old 120 pound German shepard rockwiler mix dog from another driver who threated to put him on the interstate and the dog was extremely aggressive but not towards me and kvocking drove crazy. Well I had the window cracked about halfway and I tied the dog up well then came a #### lot lizard and I had a beware of dog sign up. Her stupid self knocked and by the time I jumped from the top bunk and put on some clothes the dog had scared her so bad she fell off the step and then he pushed the window all they way down jumped out of my truck and was chasing the girl down the lot. Then another driver I think tried to help her and then the dog started chasing them both and the guy jumped in his truck and the girl ran in the truck stop. Then the drivers were talking about how my dig scared the #### out if her literally because she went to the bathroom on herself. That was sooooo funny. I miss that dog. E

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Michelangelo

Michelangelo Light Load Member

Jan 30, 2010
    It varies...
    Ever since the economy started to get bad, I've seen less and less lot lizards. In the last 12 months, I've only seen about three or four very obvious lot lizards.

When I started in Spring 05, the Pilot on I-20 in Dallas was swarming w/them 24/7. I was there a few months ago, and I didn't see a single one!

JustSonny Thanks this.
  4. shooter19802003

shooter19802003 Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Idaho
    Wildwood Florida TA has to be the worst! Haven't been there in awhile though.

JustSonny Thanks this.
  5. kajidono

kajidono Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2009
    Streetrat
    I made the mistake of stopping at the TA in Dallas once. Didn't see a single lizard but some idiot kept banging on my door asking if "his girl" was in my truck.

JustSonny Thanks this.
  6. JustSonny

JustSonny Big Dummy

Oct 22, 2009
    Troutman NC
    Well, did you give her back?:biggrin_25523:

18Wheels&DozenRoses and Hubcap Thank this.
  7. kajidono

kajidono Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2009
    Streetrat
    Nope. I about added to the guy's brain damage but the Idleaire guy saw him and ran him off before I got out.

JustSonny Thanks this.
  8. kaiwren986

kaiwren986 Light Load Member

Aug 9, 2008
    Lowell, IN
    I've only ran in to lot lizards twice, usually the BUMP in the night was the ### who hit my mirror with his trailer.. and he had a spotter yelling at him to stop. Or the guy backing in to my trailer.

Dont stop at the TA in Birmingham AL, or that little Huddle House near the Bush Beans factory in Dandrigde TN :)

JustSonny Thanks this.
  9. brinkj23

brinkj23 "Asphalt Cowboy"

Dec 26, 2005
    Minnesota
    Boy that huddle house there is a dump isnt it, ive spent the night there before. An that TA in Birmingham is full of panhandlers that sit at the fuel island trying to sell stolen stuff,

JustSonny Thanks this.
  10. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

Never had a lot lizzard issue. They must know USA truck's don't have any money.
    Truck was dirty as hell too, so I guess that kept the "cleaners" away.
    Sometimes my truck was rocking,,, that would be when my wife was with me :biggrin_25525:

I sleep pretty well, but sometime's I'd get up because I felt a bump. Either somebody backed into the back of the truck (gate to gate) or the air springs would bottom out sometime in the night. *thunk*.

One time I got bounced out of a truckstop because they wanted me to pay to park there. I drove for another hour "off the books" in my underwear looking for another spot to park.

Since the government buyout, I've found abandonded car dealerships that haven't hung up chains/cables/barriers yet work in a pinch. :biggrin_25522:

JustSonny Thanks this.
  11. MrMustard

MrMustard Road Train Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Dayton, Ohio

Yeah there's no shortage of abandoned warehouses to park at these days. Thanks to "Hope and Change."

JustSonny and sweezly1 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.