Thinking about em. Don't wanna down grade

Discussion in 'Melton' started by Bdogvandrvr, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Bdogvandrvr

Bdogvandrvr Bobtail Member

Jul 15, 2015
    I work for Werner been here about 9 months out solo I make about 700 per week but I'm becoming fat I miss working with my hands )used to be a pipe fitter.) Anyways I'm just checking to see if I'll be making more money over there I know the mileage pay is significantly higher but that doesn't mean a #### thing if the miles aren't there. Not too big on sitting and waiting for some idiot to push a button on the computer. Worth the switch or no? I won't downgrade my pay. If it's not worth it I live up in #### nowhere northern California what else is there?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RustyBolt

RustyBolt Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    Bement, IL
    Just a thought. If you're only making $700/wk, why not get some exercise during all that down time? Flatbedding is not THAT strenuous. You bust butt for 20 minutes twice a day (if you're lucky). Other than that, it's the same as pulling a van in regards to exercise.

4. thelushlarry

thelushlarry Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2012
    glasgow ky
    I haul nothing but finger prints loads to stay in shape. Heck if I get a load on pallets I just stack it off then put it back on for the exercise.

5. bamamac

bamamac Medium Load Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Alabaster,Alabama
    It takes you twenty minutes to tarp? I thought you guys trapped about 3-4 times a week

6. RustyBolt

Feb 21, 2015
    Bement, IL
    Secure AND tarp. When I pulled flats, I could secure and tarp a coil in 20. Larger loads like drywall (hated that crap) took longer (maybe 45 minutes to an hour) but were by no means more strenuous. Except you worked with 2 tarps that generally had bigger drops. So, I guess it was a bit more strenuous.

7. Bdogvandrvr

Bdogvandrvr Bobtail Member

Jul 15, 2015
    My mileage pay is garbage here, I run around 3000/week I don't have much downtime in this slow ### truck haha. I get out and walk around but it doesnt do any justice. I like the idea of flat bedding and I'm hoping to eventually own my own truck and I figure why buy a rig and pull a box when you pull tanker or flatbed and make considerably more money?

8. bamamac

Nov 4, 2010
    Alabaster,Alabama
    Do you swap a lot of loads with teams?I have heard OTR with Werner is not good

9. bamamac

Nov 4, 2010
    Alabaster,Alabama
    A veteran can do that, but could a newbie do it

10. RustyBolt

Feb 21, 2015
    Bement, IL
    Seriously? $700 on 3000 miles? Oh H3LL Yeah! Move on dude. Move on.

Flat bed isn't too bad at all but freight is pretty slow right now. According to the folks doing it now.

dog-c and Bdogvandrvr Thank this.
  11. RustyBolt

Feb 21, 2015
    Bement, IL
    The point of that wasn't the time involved as much as how little actual physical activity is involved.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.