Thinking about going to Panther

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by VIDEODROME, Jul 20, 2016.

1. VIDEODROME

VIDEODROME Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2007
    angola, in
    So I thought I had a cool Drive Away delivery job setup, had orientation, but not getting any trips. Before I lined up this dud job, I cleared the application process with Panther and was talking to a Fleetowner based in Tennessee who had Chevy Extended Vans with a bunk bed compartment installed. It sounds like it has room to sleep even with 2 pallets or skids.

Before I haul my travel stuff with me on a bus to Tennessee to pick up the van and go to Medina, OH for Panther training, I thought I'd get a second opinion.

Also, I do have my Passport, so I wondered if Panther gets into Canada much and if that helps to get more freight.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Not_Here_Long

Not_Here_Long Medium Load Member

Sep 7, 2015
    most aren't making any money you sit forever waiting on loads. just go to a truck stop and ask some

4. VIDEODROME

Jun 7, 2007
    angola, in
    Okay how about this idea, is expediting at all viable driving Solo in a Straight Truck if there are to many vans?

I know most of the time, carriers or fleetowners want Straight Trucks to be teams, but I don't know anyone I'd want to Team with.

5. jeffman164

jeffman164 Medium Load Member

Dec 4, 2012
    I suggest going to expeditorsonline.com to get questions answered. It is a website devoted exclusively to expediting .

6. VIDEODROME

Jun 7, 2007
    angola, in
    Okay most people including Expeditors Online are saying Don't Do It, so I'm shooting this idea down. I'm approved for Panther, but I'm not going to do it and pursuing other kinds of work.

7. Jesus is the only way

Jesus is the only way Bobtail Member

Jan 6, 2014
    Coeburn V.A.
    Call fed Ex Custom Critical before you go drive for Panther.

8. jeffman164

jeffman164 Medium Load Member

Dec 4, 2012
    Wise decision videodrome .

9. cariaf30

cariaf30 Bobtail Member

Jul 27, 2016
    yes you can. some want teams but you have many other loads that run under 600 miles which don't require teams. regardless of how many vans are out there, many loads can only fit in a straight truck due to their dimensions. if you drive your own truck then you will make money. if you hire well........

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.