Thinking about it!

Discussion in 'Werner' started by FireFighter_02, Mar 23, 2016.

1. FireFighter_02

FireFighter_02 Light Load Member

Mar 28, 2014
    Keystone heights, fl
    So I should just apply even if it says they require experience?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mindes

mindes Medium Load Member

Feb 17, 2015
    Crestview, Fl
    If you went to a school, check to see if they could help you out without costing.

4. FireFighter_02

Mar 28, 2014
    Keystone heights, fl
    I did and it was 20 hour minimum at $600 every 4 hours....it's cheaper to repest the course lol

5. mindes

mindes Medium Load Member

Feb 17, 2015
    Crestview, Fl
    No surprise. I doubt the school I went to would probably do anything beyond helping to get another job for free either.

6. windsmith

windsmith Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    NEPA
    I work with a guy that used to work for Werner. Yes, you'll get better home time than OTR. You won't be able to pay your bills though.

Until you get that first year of experience, your best bet is to take whatever you can get. Keep a clean MVR, don't hit anything, and you should be able to move into something that will gross $50K+ / year, and have you home every night and weekends.

7. FireFighter_02

Mar 28, 2014
    Keystone heights, fl
    Another common roadblock I run into is my age. A lot of companies require you to be 23 years old, which won't happen for another 3 months....Abilene wouldn't let me apply for that reason and there was another I tried but I forget who....

8. Radman

Radman Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2011
    Yes, apply regardless. Also if your only 3 months from 23 they can hire you for dock work til you turn 23. Your gonna get shot down a lot but all it takes is one to get your foot in. Or apply for dock work too. Let the TM know you want to drive.

9. CrappieJunkie

CrappieJunkie Wishin' I was fishin'

Mar 9, 2014
    In a van down by the River.
    You have to know something. I thought same way as you. I thought it cant be that bad. It is. I left during orientation. I can put up with a lot. I drove for USA Truck. I turned 3k miles a week. I run hard. I got to orientation and everything is a lie. I went in for glass division. When I talked to person who assigns drivers I was told it wasnt open. Then told it was but was told wife couldnt ride with me as the sleepers only big enough for 1. Was told I would be put on 3M account pulling tankers and vans out of Chicago but then told I would have to wait on that to see if opening. In mean time left cause I was tired of waiting.

10. FireFighter_02

Mar 28, 2014
    Keystone heights, fl
    Sorry to hear it didn't work out for you bro, I am looking into other opportunities at this time

CrappieJunkie Thanks this.
  11. CrappieJunkie

CrappieJunkie Wishin' I was fishin'

Mar 9, 2014
    In a van down by the River.
    It was for the better.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.