thinking about usxpress

Discussion in 'US Xpress' started by Wade73, Aug 16, 2014.

1. Wade73

Wade73 Light Load Member

Jun 11, 2014
    Springfield, IL
    48 cents sounds good to me. Is that with no experience?

My brother will probably get his cdl in october. It looks like I will get mine in december.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TruckDuo

TruckDuo Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    It's 48 cpm with no experience. You'll go to the Markham, IL terminal for orientation then with a trainer for 150 hours then 8 weeks of teaming at 32 cpm then after the 8 weeks 48 cpm.

4. Wade73

Wade73 Light Load Member

Jun 11, 2014
    Springfield, IL
    Ok got it! Thanks for all the information.

5. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    also make sure you BOTH get has-mat AND tanker

the reason is that (unless it has changed) no has-mat teams make .04 cpm less (.44cpm not .48cpm)
    usx doesn't pull tankers BUT because of a change in the fmcsa rules some loads now require tanker.....

6. Wade73

Wade73 Light Load Member

Jun 11, 2014
    Springfield, IL
    Ok thanks flood! So is usxpress decent to work for? How do they treat their drivers. Are most dm's and fm's decent people?

7. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    we were happy with them as company drivers for 7 years..! we were happy enough that when we got our own truck we leased it on with them...... will you be happy with them...? can't say

ALL companies have both good and bad.... what I can live with you can't and what is ok for you will make me quit... it's just the way it is.... no one company is good for everyone...!

I've had good and bad FM's.... I've had ones I loved that other drivers hated..... it's just the way people are.... over all most are good..... but it may take time for you to get a fm that you click with....

8. DenaliDad

DenaliDad Retired Wheel Dog

Just remember, in a team operation, there is no other house or room to go to if you get into a dustup with your brother. Long hours and long days can wear on any relationship.

9. Wade73

Wade73 Light Load Member

Jun 11, 2014
    Springfield, IL
    Good point. Very good point. I'm thinking eventually we will go solo. That would be my preference actually. Think it makes sense to team for first year. Help eachother out. Moral support. I will not team with someone I dont know other than for the training period.

10. DenaliDad

DenaliDad Retired Wheel Dog

Sounds like you have your head screwed on right. Having another driver that you know and trust in the other seat is a great way to learn and improve. Just stick with your first job for 12 full months. After that, you'll be much more attractive to other companies and can make decisions on which way to go. Besides, having a support system while you learn will make it easier, occasional familial arguments notwithstanding.

11. Wade73

Wade73 Light Load Member

Jun 11, 2014
    Springfield, IL
    Thanks for the advice! Much appreciated. Do you drive for usx? If so, what are the pros and cons?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.