thinking of going to look at this truck, any thoughts?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by heavyhaulerss, Sep 26, 2016.

1. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    Well if you do all your own work maybe you are one of these guys who could transplant a 6NZ CAT into it and make it cool? And anything you need you just fab it up. If you're going to run an antique truck you need to be either independently wealthy or a jack of all trades with access to whatever tools you need.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. heavyhaulerss

heavyhaulerss Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2009
    AL/TN BORDER
    well after over 18 years in it, I really don't mind moving into something bigger. the air cond went out in it over 4 years ago. no air since. heat is great. everyone tells me they would not know me if I were not in that truck. being that I made over a million dollars in it, I have no regrets, besides I drove the truck for the first 10 years without a single breakdown or repair other than the normal wear & tear stuff. the only trucks I can find worth anything would be on the E-log sys.

I may just decide to work mon wed & fri only, if I go on the E-logs. may wait till spring before actually buying too. going to have another look inside & out at the shop selling the 01 freighliner with the detroit when I drop my truck off. will get some pic's to post.

4. heavyhaulerss

heavyhaulerss Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2009
    AL/TN BORDER
    oh' thank you! now I gotta find some anti depressants. :crybaby: ;)

5. Tropsnart

Tropsnart Road Train Member

Jun 8, 2015
    Pavilion New York
    4 years with no ac down south. I'll quit whining now about not having ac for the last 2 months.

6. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    Not gonna says it's fun or easy but getting home often has to help alleviate no a/c.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.