Thinking of going with Roehl to get my CDL

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by NewTrucker1414, Aug 28, 2016.

1. NewTrucker1414

NewTrucker1414 Bobtail Member

Aug 28, 2016
    I was thinking of going with roehl to get my cdl. But I want more information on this company like what type of truck will I be trained on manual or auto do they provide transportation to the terminal cause I live in Baltimore MD and can after training is done with the trainer can I pick which division I want to drive for? And can I pick my own truck after training is done.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Texnmidwest

Texnmidwest Light Load Member

Mar 6, 2015
    Roehl is an excellent place to start your career. Their CDL program is top notch and they treat you well. You can pick the fleet you want and change fleets upon request. I would recommend one of the dedicated fleets.

They usually teach on 10 speeds but you may be assigned a manual. Yes, they do pay for transportation to training and you will take a truck home.

Just understand that if you go through Roehl for your CDL they do require you to stay for 150K miles or they will charge you for the training. It is NOT prorated. Wasn't a big deal to me.

4. hindsy

hindsy Road Train Member

Mar 23, 2010
    USA
    Tex when did they change the payback on training? I know when I was there it 120K miles or 1 year from getting in your own truck. I was just a lil shy of that I believe and had to pay part of the tuition back to them. It was prorated for us, but this was 6 years ago. Hard to believe that... lol
    As for the OP here I would say yes to your question. I would consider them to be on the top of training companies out there. They will assist you every step of the way. Now it turned into more help than I was needing at times, but besides that it worked out for me very well. I won't say there aren't any bad things going on there at times, but the good does outweigh the bad. Good Luck NT1414!!!!!

PizzaGuy805 Thanks this.
  5. Texnmidwest

Mar 6, 2015
    They must have changed it spring a year ago. The trainers told us it was prorated.....when classmates left they found out it was NOT prorated. The breakdown is for those WITH a CDL and go through orientation...one owes Roehl 75K miles or pay 3200 bucks. Get your CDL through Roehl and you owe them the fee (unsure of their amount) and 150K.

hindsy Thanks this.
  6. hindsy

hindsy Road Train Member

Mar 23, 2010
    USA
  7. Bfennell

Bfennell Light Load Member

Jun 21, 2016
    Indiana
    Going into the program Tuesday. I have been told cost is $5000 and 120,000 miles to pay it off. Not prorated

8. Texnmidwest

Mar 6, 2015
    Yep, and if they decide you need a CPAP machine....that is another 1300.

9. Bfennell

Bfennell Light Load Member

Jun 21, 2016
    Indiana
    Lucky i already have one

10. hindsy

hindsy Road Train Member

Mar 23, 2010
    USA
    There you go then... 120000 won't take but around a year give or take. Good luck to ya!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.