This is a new one

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Mike2633, Oct 17, 2016.

1. Mike2633

Mike2633 Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2013
    At Home on The West Side
    Well this morning I woke up 2:45am and checked my voice mail. It had some very bad news.

The transit truck that was bringing my route and another route from the warehouse to the yard was on 376 coming out of Pittsburgh and around 1:30am-2:30am there were some hoodlums out throwing rocks, stones and what not off of a highway over pass.

Well sure enough they ended up with a direct hit they got our transit truck. The driver said that it looked like a big piece of rock or debries something just coming out of the dark night like a missile. Bam it hit the hood of the truck and pop straight through the windshield of the truck knocked out the whole windshiled. They also got another truck and a car.

So there all on the side of the road and the Pennsylvania State Police did show up. Our transit truck had to turn back and go back to the warehouse to get a spare tractor.

They nailed this truck right here:
    005.JPG
    That was the truck they nailed 2015 Volvo brand new as of last spring/summer. Now the windshield is all bashed out and I'm sure there is damage to the hood. So that delayed my load and cost GFS a bunch of money to fix. Hopefully and I know it's a long shot, but hopefully they can catch these folks and make them pay and by pay I mean make them pay monetarily for what they did. They can work at the warehouse chained to a fence post and sweep the yard where the trucks are parked all day and night.

I'm sure it was stupid kids doing it, but you never know. So made me late nobody was hurt and everyone is okay, but they caused some major property damage and all for what? They do it again or get caught I would like to think they would be in trouble, but with today's justice system who knows...

Getsinyourblood and MACK E-6 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. sawmill

sawmill Road Train Member

May 29, 2015
    Evanston, WY
    I saw some kids doing that in Mississippi once. I called the state patrol and they didn't seem too interested in going out there. The dispatcher asked me if I got hit with anything and I said no. She then says "So you just want us to go out and tell them to stop it?"....WTF. Guess we're supposed to wait for damage or injury to happen.

S M D, Terry270, tucker and 1 other person Thank this.
  4. Mike2633

Mike2633 Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2013
    At Home on The West Side
    An Ohio woman last year almost got killed in PA over this some kids were throwing rocks and they hit her and her car and almost darn near killed her.

The government is very good at giving answers like "Well not enough people have gotten hurt or killed yet so until it reaches X number we won't do anything were to busy doing nothing right now."

5. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    In California it can be a felony to throw objects at moving vehicles. And I can't imagine the CHP or any LE agency there, not responding, barring extremely rare situations.

Mike2633 Thanks this.
  6. 8thnote

8thnote Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2013
    Chattanooga, TN
    One night on I-26 in Johnson City some one threw a styrofoam cup of coffee of off an over pass and scored a direct hit on the center of my windshield. I don't know if it was intentional or if someone just tossed it out their window and got a lucky shot. It scared the crap out of me though.

Mike2633 Thanks this.
  7. Edddelos

Edddelos Light Load Member

May 18, 2016
    And what about those truckers who throw a bag of dukie out their window?

Imagine if the bag is ripped and it splatters on somebody's windshield.

The soft squishy kind.:eek:

8. Edddelos

May 18, 2016
    Seen a bag full at my shipper....ewww.

9. street beater

street beater Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2014
    cold as hell, MN
    Cops in mpls take it seriously. I don't remember if the woman was killed or just hurt, but on 52 just south of st paul some lady got nailed. It was all over the news for awhile

Mike2633 Thanks this.
  10. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    I recall a story once of idiots hanging pieces of steel from bridges roughly 8-10' from the pavement below.

At the very least, that should constitute reckless endangerment. :mad:

diesel drinker and Mike2633 Thank this.
  11. Edddelos

May 18, 2016
    News story?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.