This is for runawayscreeming....

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by Licensed to kill, Mar 30, 2016.

1. belowspeedlimit

belowspeedlimit Medium Load Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Oil country
    You are kidding right?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    Ten-ish years ago I had a hotel in Banff (okay, I didn't own the hotel, but I leased it and operated it). I hired whomever was best for the job and showed up for an interview. I ended up with mostly Aussies and Kiwis on the front desk with a few from Ontario, the Maritimes and Alberta thrown in and almost exclusively Quebecois in housekeeping. The foreigners were not TFWs as there has been a long-standing agreement for 18-25 year-olds (I think that's the age range) to work in the hospitality industry between Canada, Australia and New Zealand. I also paid top scale for the positions.

4. Licensed to kill

Licensed to kill Heavy Load Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Alberta
    Me too. I also get a kick out of the fools that believe that the provincial government has nothing to do with the job loses in the provence.

nate980 Thanks this.
  5. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    I know the NDP has no effect on commodity prices but our premier has no balls so to speak. She should at least be fighting FOR us, not working continually AGAINST us. She's making enemies all over Alberta. First was that Bill 6 BS, then the transgender bathroom thing. Her whole party is so incompetent that they spend more time apologizing for their #### ups than actually doing their jobs. Now you've got her and Pierre Jr. trying to spend their way out of debt and wasting time taking all those super important "selfies" to make themselves look good on the world stage.

Ok rant over lol :D

Prairie Boy and nate980 Thank this.
  6. Raamman

Raamman Light Load Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Airbase Two
    why the f do you care who uses a bathroom ? where are folks supposed to go ? outside ? on the sidewalk ? theres nothing more important than beating up some guy who likes to walk in high heels and wear a dress ? a lot of folk died for freedom- and if you cant respect that some will choose that freedom differently than you, those folk died in vain- and you insult their sacrifice and families loss.

7. AModelCat

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Since I'm pretty sure you're directing that at me, allow me to clarify. I was simply pointing out how this new government we have in Alberta likes to make a huge issue out of things that were apparently never ever an issue before. I was simply making a point that they should be focusing on the major issue of helping out the 50k+ Albertans and their famillies who are out of work, rather than suggesting they should all just "move to BC for work."

Isafarmboy Thanks this.
  8. Raamman

Raamman Light Load Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Airbase Two
    ok, pardon- I was just skimming along. my bad.

9. AModelCat

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    No worries dude.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.