Thought I was going to die delivering for Family Dollar.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by A Bug, Jun 21, 2015.

1. izifaddag

izifaddag Medium Load Member

Apr 26, 2010
    In 13 and 14 I was delivering to Tuesday Morning (google 'em). A similar experience without the pain. They were ready for you and had young people there especially to unload. I used to muck in sometimes just to show willing. Some stores I went to it was just a couple of old dears and I just couldn't watch them so I would help. Overall it wasn't a bad experience. Didn't get rich but it was steady.

Dominick253 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. izifaddag

izifaddag Medium Load Member

Apr 26, 2010
    That is so true what you have said. The ELD and even paper logs don't give any true picture of what is happening. It is just a giant game so that the powers that be can justify their jobs. A pointless exercise in futility.

4. dngrous_dime

dngrous_dime Road Train Member

Jan 28, 2014
    Lansing area, MI
    Quit whining, I was with Werner for well over a year on the Family Dollar account, hauling out of the Ashley, IN DC.
    I enjoyed it, because I wasn't the typical idiot driver, and it kept me in shape.
    By "typical idiot driver", I'm referring to the people who can't back a truck tho save their life, and refuse to unload anything... Yes, I met quite a few of them.

Now, I'm at an OTR gig that has me out 5-7 days at a time, earning more than I did before, and I still laugh at bad drivers.

dog-c Thanks this.
  5. Sad_Panda

Sad_Panda Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2006
    I was with Werner for well over a year on the Family Dollar account,
    I wasn't the typical idiot driver,

I'm sorry, but you claim one thing, yet say another...

6. dngrous_dime

dngrous_dime Road Train Member

Jan 28, 2014
    Lansing area, MI
    I don't base my opinion of a driver on their employer.

trucking for family Thanks this.
  7. Brandonpdx

Brandonpdx Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2007
    Elkhart, IN
    That's decent paying work.

Dominick253 Thanks this.
  8. mpow66m

mpow66m Heavy Load Member

Jul 6, 2011
    Northeast
    try 50lbs bags of flour and jugs of tomatoe paste down into some cramped basement tiny tim would have trouble standing in.;)saw stars when I hit that low door jamb,lol.

Dominick253 Thanks this.
  9. Hammer166

Hammer166 Crusty Information Officer

Aug 18, 2007
    ~8600+' and loving it!
    If Family Dollar freight is that tough on y'all, unloading a whole load of hamburger would kill ya! :rolleyes:

jeff18 Thanks this.
  10. bigjoel

bigjoel Road Train Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Houston, Tx
    They say a little hard work never killed anyone. I don't know, I've lost a couple wives that way, lol.

11. Varth

Varth Bobtail Member

Mar 27, 2016
    I started on Werner delivering to Dollar Generals, and it was more tedious than anything else waiting to get checked in. The real work was delivering for Budweiser for three years, you have to cram trucks where they're not meant to go, deal with belligerent city drivers all day, watch your trailers while unloading as you are mostly in ghettos, and then unload and rotate all cases and stock the shelves. I don't know how I put up with that wage theft for so long, scared of unemployment I guess.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.