TIME OR NOT TIME TO OVERHAUL

Discussion in 'Kenworth Forum' started by lady doe, Jan 1, 2016.

1. lady doe

lady doe Light Load Member

May 25, 2014
    t2000 it smokes some, don't use too much oil between changes about a gallon after 7 to 8 thousand miles on the oil change, it runs good, get 7 mile to gallon got over a million miles on it. like 4 more payments. is it time for a over haul.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. josh polk

josh polk Light Load Member

Dec 20, 2015
    Bowie TX
    There will b a hose that hangs down by the steer axel that come from the valve cover called blow by when it starts to have lots of air coming out of it covering ur truck with oil it's Time to overhaul 1 gal in 7k miles is great I'd say it's no were close
    Do u know any history on the motor
    I'd say it need the overhead ran for sure
    Hope this helps

blairandgretchen and lady doe Thank this.
  4. 062

062 Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2013
    Need to pull a oil sample,see what kind of wear metals you have.
    Put it on a dyno and find out how much blow by you have.

blairandgretchen and lady doe Thank this.
  5. OP

What motor type do you have? CAT(yellow) ISX(Red), Detroit(green/gray)????

Do you have the money for an Inframe rebuild?

lady doe Thanks this.
  6. BoxCarKidd

BoxCarKidd Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2014
    If you do not have any bad indicators pay it off and then start putting that payment amount in an account every month. When you have 110% of the estimated overhaul reevaluate. If decide to overhaul go on vacation. The amount you would have spent on interest financing an overhaul is then a cash vacation. Some would go truck shopping keeping contacts and receipts. Then its a business expense.
    I always found large payments that come due ,taxes and such, easier with at least some set aside.
    Sounds like P. 2005 way have some good insight on those high mileage engines if answered but a gallon every 7500 miles would not concern me.

7. 20151228_115315.jpg

Yup insight, doing inframe as I type this.

8. lady doe

May 25, 2014
    MXS94989 YELLOW C15 TWIN TURBO REAR 336 O7 T2000

9. lady doe

May 25, 2014
    NOT AT THIS TIME, JUST HOPING IT RUN GOOD UNTIL I SAVE UP ALITTLE MORE YOU KNOW. THE TRUCK RUNS GOOD IT JUST SMOKE SOME OUT OF THE OVER FLOW AND HAVE USE GALLON AND HALF OF OIL ABOUT 7 TO 8 THOUSAND MILES.. DONT KNOW HOW MUCH ONE WOULD COST AND WHO BE THE BEST TO FIX IT. DONT WANT ANEW TRUCK I HEAR MOST OF THE NEW ONE STAY MORE IN THE SHOP THAN THE OLD ONES WITH ALL THSI NEW STUFF THAT GOT IN THEM YOU KNOW. I EVEN HAD KENWOTHH DEALER TELL ME ON TIME JUST KEEP FIXING ON HE SEE WAY LESS OF THE OLD TRUCKS IN SHOP THAN THE NEWS. HE WAS VERY IMPRESSED WITH THE WAY MY TRUCK RAN AND THE UP KEEP ON IT. SO I WILL KEEP WHAT I KNOW RUNS GOOD FOR ME, IF IT NEEDS A REPAIR HEAR AND THERE SO BE IT.

truckthatpassesyouby Thanks this.
  10. josh polk

josh polk Light Load Member

Dec 20, 2015
    Bowie TX
    The MXS acerts have a lot more blow by than the a older C15 singe turbo until there is oil coming out with that smoke from that over flow (I refer to that as blow by (crank case pressure ) I wouldn't worry about it
    If any thing around 1.2millon miles if put rod and main bearings in it that will get u another 300k miles iv got two BXS that iv done this with no problems
    Not saying my advise is the best this is just my experience as a fleet owener not a Fan of BXS or MXS but u got the better of the two
    Just remember it's not just a truck u have to treat it like something u are madly in love with baby it around the truck stop parking lot ease it up to speed till u get in the high side make sweet love to it and it will b good and faithful to u and love u back hope this doesn't sound Inappropriate with u Bing a lady just what I tell my drivers
    Good luck
    God wont's us to receive his blessing
    God bless

11. lady doe

May 25, 2014
    THANK YOU SO MUCH. JUST TRYING TO GET GOOD INFO YOU, THATS HELPS ME IN MY DECISION MAKING YOU KNOW, WE ALL OUT HERE TO MAKE MONEY AND HELP EACH OTHER OUT YOU KNOW. ALL TRUCK DRIVERS SHOULD STICK TOGETHER POWER IN UNITY.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.