Tinted windows

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by Midwest1, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Dadetrucking305

Dadetrucking305 Heavy Load Member

Sep 15, 2011
    Cibolo,Texas
    As much as I dislike law enforcement Bullies,I wasn't going to go as far as getting into an altercation over raising my window.i just have bad luck with that type of thing and when pressed I take it a little too far,so nowadays I just go with the flow of I can help it.

12 ga Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. HP9K

HP9K Light Load Member

Jul 19, 2010
    I got pulled over in Iowa a couple of months ago - trooper had his tint meter in his hand when he walked up to the truck. Gave me a level 1, but was a nice guy and just let the tint issue go with just a warning ticket. Then on the way home, I am going thru the scales in GA, get the green arrow to bypass the scales, and just as I clear the scale house, an inspector sitting there in her car pulls out right behind me an hits the blue lights - I pull over and she wants to check my tint level.

I explain I knew about the tint and I planned to have it removed before my next trip. She let me go with (another) level one inspection and another warning ticket for the tint. Needless to say, it was removed before my next trip. Now I have one arm that is darker than the other to show for it. :)

icsheeple Thanks this.
  4. Midwest1

Midwest1 Medium Load Member

Jan 22, 2014
    Some of these trooper/carrier enforcement people have such ego's. They wanted to be in law enforcement just so they could puff out there chest and show there authority.

5. T_TRUCKER.

T_TRUCKER. Road Train Member

Mar 27, 2014
    A city near you.
    Well I was going through KY 2 weeks ago, didn't see the cop in the ditch or I woulda rolled em down and he got me.... 24% and there supposed to be at 70%.... Nice 168.00 dollar fine. Any clue if this goes on my driving record?

6. icsheeple

icsheeple Trailing the Herd

Nov 1, 2013
    Kansas City, KS
    24% is pretty dark.

7. Midwest1

Midwest1 Medium Load Member

Jan 22, 2014
    That's a good question. I'm not sure if that would go on your record. 24% is pretty dark though.
    Ha

8. icsheeple

icsheeple Trailing the Herd

Nov 1, 2013
    Kansas City, KS
    I don't think it's a moving violation so you should just pay the fine and remove the tint.

T_TRUCKER. Thanks this.
  9. JChors

JChors Medium Load Member

Apr 20, 2009
    Newport, OR
    I swear there's an Iowa DOT officer working the W/B I-80 scale near Mitchellville, who gets a tent in his pants when he sees any front side window tint. He sounds eastern european. He halts you on the scale and comes out with his Parker Brothers tint-o-meter toy. If less than 70% of light passes thru your tint he'll calmly scratch you out a $127 ticket, and required me to remove it onsite. It took me an hour and a half to scrape that crap off in 15 degree weather.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2015
  10. striker

striker Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Denver, Co
    I can tell you that enforcement is subjective, there are dirt haulers in my area with mirror limo tint on the sides and a 10" brow with nothing being said. There is one running around with a mirrored stripe on the bottom of the windshields and a mirrored stripe on the the top, maybe 10" top, 6" bottom, the rest clear, with mirrored on the sides.

11. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    Yeah there are dump truck companies around here that all run really dark tint on the side windows. I used to have it on a company truck about 8 or 9 years ago and never had any problems going all over the country. I don't have it on my truck I own because I don't want any extra attention and it's not really practical at night. On our personal vehicles we tint them really dark however we want them. To hell with the tint laws! and never have issues.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.